Engineering Manager - Customer First Experience
Working for Trunk Club
When you join Trunk Club, you join the Nordstrom family. Our fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment is paired with the strong history and experience of a retail legacy. We have access to some of the greatest minds in retail and technology and are constantly creating innovative strategies to develop the ultimate apparel solutions. We welcome your adaptability, your curiosity, and your passion to contribute to our unparalleled shopping experience!
Who we are
Who you are
- You understand how to help engineers stay happy and productive.
- You’re comfortable building software solutions and systems – and love the value created in the business by doing so.
- You’re a leader, but you still have solid coding chops and strive to use the best tool for the job. We welcome new ideas and technologies – you’ll be critical in deciding exactly what technologies we use.
- You’re comfortable working in and leading teams – and have done so in the past.
- You understand and appreciate the value of test-driven development, and love to work in an agile and rapid environment.
- You are passionate about creating an amazing customer experience and recognize the impact your work has on the business.
- You yearn to get your hands dirty in technical projects.
- You have at least 1 year of experience managing and/or mentoring engineers.
- Lead a team of talented engineers to provide the absolute best first experience for new Trunk Club customers.
- Mentor and manage a team of 5-7 software engineers, conducting regular 1-on-1s and giving feedback.
- Work with a Product Manager to ensure that the roadmap is realistic and understood.
- Own the efficiency and growth of a team.
- Participate in conversations about the design, architecture, and implementation of our web platform.
- Be responsible for on time delivery of software features.
- Collaborate with other Engineering Managers, Designers, and Data Scientists.
How we work
- With others. We have pairing stations where engineers often work together, as well as a Jamboard for collaborating on architecture solutions.
- With transparency. We have an open team room. No cubicles, no private offices.
- With agility. We don’t believe in following a process for process’s sake. We ship frequently and focus on delivering incremental value.
- With open minds. We are committed to building a diverse team of people with unique perspectives. This encourages a healthy and inclusive environment that builds a more sustainable, successful company.
- With pride. We value our people most of all. We invest in ourselves by applying our own strengths and interests to company needs.
A few of our perks
- Lunch-and learns
- Annual stipend for continuous education
- Tech all-hands lunches every other Friday
- Hack days
- Team outings
- Nordstrom & TC discounts
- Flexible work environment
- Social environment with built-in bars
Meet Some of Trunk Club's Employees
Sales Support Team Lead
Tyler is a lead on the team that manages all of the behind-the-scenes operational functions at Trunk Club in order to help associates make every customer interaction seamless.
Back to top