Working for Trunk Club
When you join Trunk Club, you join the Nordstrom family. Our fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment is paired with the strong history and experience of a retail legacy. We have access to some of the greatest minds in retail and technology and are constantly creating innovative strategies to develop the ultimate apparel solutions. We welcome your adaptability, your curiosity, and your passion to contribute to our unparalleled shopping experience!
Who We Are
Engineering drives Trunk Club. Every application we build helps our company strengthen our relationships with our stylists, customers, and vendors as we continue to grow and change. You will have autonomy to collaborate with every team and be directly connected to decision makers without bureaucracy.
Who you are
- You understand how to help engineers grow in their career while supporting a growth business.
- You love architecture and have technical background to dig into the details of feature development and larger technical decisions. Most of your time will be spent with Engineering Managers and Principal Engineers.
- You’re a leader of leaders, and are able to provide Engineering Guidance to multiple teams. We welcome new ideas and technologies – you’ll be critical in deciding exactly what technologies will support our growing business.
- You have been through growth-stage startups; working with inventory/retail is a PLUS!
- You’re comfortable working in and leading teams – and have done so in the past.
- You understand and appreciate the value of test-driven development, have a perspective on full-stack, and love to work in an agile and rapid environment.
- You have at least 5 years of experience managing and/or mentoring people leaders.
- Mentor and manage software engineering teams, conducting regular 1-on-1s and giving feedback to Engineering Managers and Principal Engineers.
- Collaborate with new people managers to roll out new features and best practices.
- Work with our VP of Engineering, Product Directors, and Data Science Director to set the vision and direction for the engineering and product organizations.
- Own the efficiency and growth of several teams.
- Participate in conversations about the design, architecture, and implementation of our platform.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other Directors across the organization.
How we work
- With others. We have pairing stations where engineers often work together, as well as a Jamboard for collaborating on architecture solutions.
- With transparency. We have an open team room. No cubicles, no private offices.
- With agility. We don’t believe in following a process for process’s sake. We ship frequently and focus on delivering incremental value.
- With open minds. We are committed to building a diverse team of people with unique perspectives. This encourages a healthy and inclusive environment that builds a more sustainable, successful company.
- With pride. We value our people most of all. We invest in ourselves by applying our own strengths and interests to company needs.
A few of our perks
- Lunch-and learns
- Annual stipend for continuous education
- Tech all-hands lunches every other Friday
- Hack days
- Team outings
- Nordstrom & TC discounts
- Flexible work environment
- Social environment with built-in bars
Back to top