Data Scientist II
Working for Trunk Club
When you join Trunk Club, you join the Nordstrom family. Our fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment is paired with the strong history and experience of a retail legacy. We have access to some of the greatest minds in retail and technology and are constantly creating innovative strategies to develop the ultimate apparel solutions. We welcome your adaptability, your curiosity, and your passion to contribute to our unparalleled shopping experience!
Who We Are
At Trunk Club, we develop models that enable the business to make data-driven decisions, from whom marketing targets for re-engagement credits to which merchandise should be shoppable for a given customer. Our stack makes it easy and painless to turn an algorithm into an API and run follow-up A/B tests using a range of multivariate models at your disposal. Every team relies not only on the data we collect, but more importantly in the clever ways that present it to every in our experience.
Data Science helps drive Trunk Club. Every member helps inform the company on the best ways to grow and change. You will have autonomy to collaborate with every team and be directly connected to decision makers without bureaucracy.
What You'll Do
- Build Machine Learning models that power our apps and inventory classification. Our preferred language is Python.
- Research and develop predictive algorithms using various regression techniques.
- Work with internal or external stakeholders to optimize our products.
- Use statistics to describe data. Communicate with other teams through data visualization.
What Your Background May Look Like
- Graduate degree in Statistics or similar quantitative discipline
- Proven industry experience building Machine Learning models using messy data
- Strong programming ability with Python, Jupyter, and Spark
- Experience with Data Visualization
Who You Are
- A self-starter. You love what you do and you keep yourself motivated.
- A learner. You have an insatiable thirst for knowledge and greater understanding.
- A conversationalist. You speak the language of statistics, and you can explain what you're doing to our grandmas.
- An innovator. You're interested in the "why" and the solutions that make things more interesting and efficient.
How We Work
- With others. We collaborate cross-functionally to solve problems and deliver the best products for our customers.
- With transparency. We have an open team room. No cubicles, no private offices.
- With agility. We don’t believe in following a process for process’s sake. We ship frequently and focus on delivering incremental value.
- With open minds. We are committed to building a diverse team of people with unique perspectives. This encourages a healthy and inclusive environment that builds a more sustainable, successful company.
- With pride. We value our people most of all. We invest in ourselves by applying our own strengths and interests to company needs.
A Few of Our Perks
- Lunch-and learns
- Annual stipend for continuous education
- Tech all-hands lunches every other Friday
- Hack days
- Team outings
- Nordstrom discount
- Flexible work environment
- Social environment with built-in bars
Back to top