Associate, Operational Strategy
Associate, Operational Strategy
Trunk Club, a Nordstrom Company, is a Chicago-based personalized styling service for men and women, offering both virtual and in-person shopping options. Shoppers can visit Trunk Club’s retail Clubhouses in Boston, Charleston, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, New York City, Washington D.C., for an in-person styling session or custom fitting for any occasion. For those who prefer an at-home experience, Trunk Club offers a virtual styling option, where a personal stylist sends a curated trunk of clothing to their home based on the customer’s style, fit, and lifestyle preferences.
Working for Trunk Club:
When you join Trunk Club, you join the Nordstrom family. Our fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment is paired with the strong history and experience of a retail legacy. We have access to some of the greatest minds in retail and technology and are constantly creating innovative strategies to develop the ultimate apparel solutions. We welcome your adaptability, your curiosity, and your passion to contribute to our unparalleled shopping experience!
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Operational Strategy team serves as the central hub of analytics and operational strategy at Trunk Club, responsible for utilizing structured problem solving and analytics to influence Trunk Club’s major decisions and drive profitable growth. We assist leadership in strategic planning and work cross-functionally with teams such as marketing, merchandising, sales, operations, and technology to initiate, test, measure, and scale new strategies and initiatives. Our team is also responsible for monitoring the general health of the business and the success of new initiatives.
- Closely working with TC executives on projects including internal data analysis, consumer research, marketing program analysis, operational efficiency, and measurement of new initiatives
- Synthesize large datasets, such as transactional, consumer, or product datasets and summarize into actionable business insights
- Partner with functional managers to analyze and communicate results of new and existing strategies; help drive future prioritization based on these results
- Support the development of materials that effectively communicate insights and recommendations
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners, including key functions and business units
- Strong interest in retail and understanding of industry dynamics
- Strong project management, interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work under firm deadlines and within a rapidly changing environment
- Strong proficiency in Excel and Powerpoint
- Strong business acumen with the ability to effectively and creatively problem solve
- Retail or consumer goods experience a plus
- 1-3 years of analyst experience in management consulting, or corporate strategy
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, or other quantitative discipline
Meet Some of Trunk Club's Employees
Inside Sales / Customer Relations Stylist
Jade's main focus is to provide Trunk Club's members with an all-around excellent customer experience no matter where they're located across the U.S.
Back to top