Working for Trunk Club
When you join Trunk Club, you join the Nordstrom family. Our fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment is paired with the strong history and experience of a retail legacy. We have access to some of the greatest minds in retail and technology and are constantly creating innovative strategies to develop the ultimate apparel solutions. We welcome your adaptability, your curiosity, and your passion to contribute to our unparalleled shopping experience!
Who We Are
Supporting all teams within Trunk Club, the Finance Team guides decision making on cross functional projects and initiatives by providing technical expertise as well as financial and strategic analysis. The analysis and reporting we develop supports key business decisions and influences the near-term and long-term strategic direction of the company. We're a small, collaborative, hard-working team that thrives in the fast-paced environment of Trunk Club.
What You Will Do Everyday
- Develop complex financial models to drive strategic decision making around customer demand and revenue growth
- Direct involvement in day to day decision making Able to develop models for forecasting and budgeting at a detailed level
- Experience in analyzing sales performance for a rapidly growing organization
- Ability to analyze and synthesize large data sets into meaningful business trends, and reporting
- Present strategic insights to senior management, create concise PowerPoints that are easy to consume for various levels throughout the organization
What Your Background May Look Like
- Financial modeling experience
- A structured and detail-oriented thinker
- You thrive in a fast-moving environment
- Ability to create models, and analysis with a high level of accuracy
- Advanced Excel modeling skills required
- Experience in statistics
- Strong business acumen with the ability to work independently and effectively problem solve
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Bring a fun, creative energy to work every day
- Ability to work cross-functionally and interact regularly with senior members of the organization
- 2-4 years of relevant industry experience with financial modeling, valuation, and accounting (investment banking, private equity, corporate finance)
How We Work
- With others. Work closely with cross functional partners in technology, operations, sales, marketing and other product groups to develop a roadmap and deliver on goals
- With transparency. We have an open team room. No cubicles, no private offices.
- With agility. This is a critical role for us, so flexibility is important. No two days are the same and it keeps everyone on their toes.
- With open minds. We are committed to building a diverse team of people with unique perspectives. This encourages a healthy and inclusive environment that builds a more sustainable, successful company.
- With pride. We value our people most of all. We invest in ourselves by applying our own strengths and interests to company needs.
A Few of Our Perks
- A location in the popular Chicago River North neighborhood
- Team outings
- Merchandise discount
- Flexible work environment
- Social environment with built-in bars, a rooftop view, and our very own coffee bar
Back to top