Working for Trunk Club
When you join Trunk Club, you join the Nordstrom family. Our fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment is paired with the strong history and experience of a retail legacy. We have access to some of the greatest minds in retail and technology and are constantly creating innovative strategies to develop the ultimate apparel solutions. We welcome your adaptability, your curiosity, and your passion to contribute to our unparalleled shopping experience!
Who we are
Supporting all teams within Trunk Club, the Finance Team guides decision making on cross functional projects and initiatives by providing technical expertise as well as financial and strategic analysis. The analysis and reporting we develop supports key business decisions and influences the near-term and long-term strategic direction of the company. We're a small, collaborative, hard-working team that thrives in the fast-paced environment of Trunk Club.
What you’ll do
- Manages the monthly financial close and reporting process
- Reviews financial results at account detail level
- Lead team in developing standard month end accrual process
- Understands key drivers and trends in company performance and can effectively communicate results to the executive team and parent company
- Collaborates with Financial Planning & Analysis team on financial variance analysis
- Works with inventory integrity team to ensure proper inventory balances are reported
- Partners with Corporate Accounting team to understand and record intercompany cost allocations
- Assists Financial Controller in developing internal control framework and accounting work flow through leveraging of parent company processes & prior experience
Who you are
- Possesses strong business acumen with the ability to effectively address both financial and operational challenges
- Multitasks internal and parent company requests and reevaluates priorities when necessary
- Identifies inefficiencies and continues to evolve processes
- Works effectively in groups and develops key relationships across all TC departments and with corporate parent
- Applies deep accounting knowledge to new business models and transactions
- Demonstrates great attention to detail
- Develops and motivates direct reports
- A top performer with a great attitude
What your background might look like:
- 6-8 years of work experience
- Accounting degree required
- CPA is a plus
- Mix of both public and private experience is a plus
- Internal audit or SOX compliance experience a plus
- Advanced proficiency in Excel
- Background that indicates that you have some start-up DNA and can thrive in a fast-paced environment
How we work
- With others. Work closely with cross functional partners in technology, operations, sales, finance and other product groups to develop a roadmap and deliver on goals
- With transparency. We have an open team room. No cubicles, no private offices.
- With agility. This is a critical role for us, so flexibility is important. No two days are the same and it keeps everyone on their toes.
- With open minds. We are committed to building a diverse team of people with unique perspectives. This encourages a healthy and inclusive environment that builds a more sustainable, successful company.
- With pride. We value our people most of all. We invest in ourselves by applying our own strengths and interests to company needs.
A few of our perks
- A location in the popular Chicago River North neighborhood
- Team outings
- Merchandise discount
- Flexible work environment
- Social environment with built-in bars, a rooftop view
Back to top