This growth-oriented and challenging position will be responsible for providing accurate and insightful financial planning & analysis that provides Management with the information necessary to make informed decisions to drive business growth and profitability. You will act as the finance liaison that supports the various functional areas within the Company, specifically Sales, Operations, Product and Marketing organizations. This role requires fundamental ownership of monthly close, the annual budgeting and financial forecasting process, analysis and decision support for the Executive Team, with the ability to provide relevant visibility and insight to key business drivers.
We are looking for someone who can both grow in this role and at Trumaker in general. This person is a strategic thinker who sees the big picture and understands the details and mechanics behind the scene. This person can also effectively communicate one-on-one and in groups as well as via email or phone when location and/or time zone restrictions apply. Besides being a motivated self-starter who can work independently in a chaotic, oftentimes ambiguous environment, this person also loves a challenge. This position reports to the VP of Operations.
- Create & refine the company’s forecasting models and underlying methodology for each functional driver (revenue, expenses, commissions, headcount).
- Prepare and present analyses, forecasts and reports to senior business and finance leaders that support critical decision-making and support initiatives (expansion, product rollout, process improvements).
- Assist in the evaluation and analysis of large data sets to present actionable insights and recommendations
- Support the Director of Sales Operations in the monthly publication of reporting packages that include comprehensive KPI reporting, operational reporting, analysis of key business trends, actual versus budget variances and comprehensive explanations of differences.
- Perform month end and year end close process
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to drive best practices and strengthen internal controls
- Own the day-today financial transactions of the business: Accounts Payable, expense reports processing, Accounts Receivable
- Lead cross functional cost savings initiatives to ensure company-wide goals are met.
- Provide financial leadership and insights for the company
- Special projects and ad-hoc analysis and reporting, as required
- 3+ years of financial forecasting and analysis experience; experience at a high growth company a plus
- 2+ years of corporate accounting
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance
- Strong Excel and SQL skills in building working models and business management tools. (required)
- Knowledge of retail operations a plus.
- Ability to Prepare and present ad hoc presentations and analyses to senior management.
- Ability to take initiative and become a business owner
- Experience with Quickbooks Enterprise a plus
- Highly analytical and strong problem solving abilities
- Extremely organized, resourceful and detail oriented, with clear and concise communication skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in work product
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance, works with enthusiasm to get the job done
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, strong time management and prioritization skills with a track record of delivering against aggressive timelines
- Ability to see the big picture while focusing on the process and procedures necessary to produce deliverables
- The courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
Back to top