Business Development Representative
Join One of the Fastest-Growing and Most Innovative Fashion Brands in the Country!
- Growing 3x year over year in the past three years
- Named “Best Menswear Brand” in 2016 by San Francisco Weekly
- Described as “miles better than what you find at mass retailers” by Fast Company
Most guys avoid shopping and have a hard time buying quality clothes that look good and fit well. Trumaker solves this by pairing stylists to work with customers one-on-one, combining brand, fit, and value into an easy and innovative shopping experience.
Since launching in San Francisco in 2013, we’ve expanded our fresh approach to shopping across the country, and our business has attracted the financial backing of top-tier venture capital firms including Javelin Venture Partners, RRE Ventures and Box Group.
As an Sales and Business Development Lead (called an "Outfitter"), you are the face of the Trumaker brand and vision in your local area. You are responsible for conducting in-person fittings, providing style guidance, and building a book of clients through proactive networking and referrals. Our technology-driven approach to fit and style results in industry-leading reorder rates from our customer base. Our best Outfitters develop a long-term and loyal client base over the course of their Trumaker career.
Formula for Success:
- Meet with 10+ potential Trumaker clients per week and conduct an initial fitting and styling appointment
- Reach out to 20-30 potential clients each business day
- Proactively network and grow new business through in-person networking, referrals and business development
- Work with sales management to set personal and team sales goals
- Deliver an unparalleled customer experience through relentless focus on providing value and solving problems
Benefits of working with Trumaker:
- Be part of a team that’s changing the way shopping works and the way guys dress
- Expert training in apparel, styling, and high-productivity technology tools
- Dynamic, high energy and fun sales culture
- Competitive income
- Group health benefits
Trumaker is looking for full-time sales professionals. No fashion or apparel industry experience is required, but our best Outfitters typically have a background in sales, sales management, advertising, and outside sales.
The compensation program consists of a base plus commission. The typical Outfitter should expect to earn a minimum of $45k - $60k, and our top Outfitters earn $120k+ after one year of experience in the industry.
This position requires positive energy and a proactive sales mindset to succeed. As a result, it may not be for everybody, but the pay, career, skills, and relationships that one can develop in the role can be worth it for many.
Back to top