Senior Platform Engineer
Changing the established guidelines of an industry, especially one as rooted as digital advertising, isn't an easy or quick effort, but we believe it's the right thing to do and we want to be the ones to do it. We're looking for hungry people who are passionate about redefining the digital video and media world, from how consumers experience it to how content creators fund it.
We work hard at true[X], and we believe in fostering an open, collaborative, motivating, creative culture for our team; put simply, our employees love to come to work. We have all the perks you can expect from a startup environment, including a sunlit rooftop patio, corn hole and ping pong, and a stocked pantry and fridge.
The true[X] technology team is a bit of an anomaly in the tech world: Once people join us, they tend to stick around. Our leadership has been a part of this company for 10+ years (since the beginning), and our turnover is exceptionally low.
You can ask individual members their thoughts, but this dedication generally comes down to two factors. First, the people: We hire smart, driven, accountable, and friendly individuals. We all appreciate and are proud of the culture we’ve created here, and it’s in no small part due to our high hiring standards. Second (and this point cannot be understated): There is a endless supply of engaging engineering work to be done. Our engineers are constantly expanding their knowledge and experience, whether it be exploring a new language on a hackday, learning the internals of various cloud platforms, or leveraging new tools to work with our “Big (and growing!) Data". Boredom doesn’t exist here.
Our leadership takes pride in fostering a sustainable software development cadence. No artificial deadlines. No guilting our team into staying late. And no micromanagement. We use the best tools to get the job done, end of story. We communicate via Slack (mostly emojis and gifs, really). We like testing. We have an aversion to meetings. You get the hardware you prefer (within reason) to make you as productive as possible. We want you to be happy, and stay a valuable team member for a long time to come.
As a Senior Platform Engineer, you will be an important part of the team that works on our proprietary ad server. This is no small responsibility: As an AdTech company, the ad server is our cornerstone technology. If you're excited by and have experience working in high traffic environments, building public-facing APIs, and take pride in your well-factored code, this might be the role for you...
- Add new features to the ad server (including tests!)
- Code review pull requests from other team members
- Provide architectural input when designing new features or refactoring
- Collaborate with almost every other team (you'll be a popular guy/gal) to spec out new work and provide assistance to operational queries
- Gather requirements when underspecified
- Computer Science degree (or similar) required
- Strong knowledge of at least one dynamic language (Ruby, Python)
- Strong knowledge of at least one functional language (Elixir, Scala)
- Strong knowledge of SQL required
- Experience building high traffic APIs is desired
- Experience in the advertising industry is a plus
- Experience with AWS (especially DynamoDB and Kinesis) is a plus
- Must be a strong written and verbal communicator
Meet Some of true[X]'s Employees
Senior Platform Engineer
Alex leads a team of talented engineers who collaboratively develop innovative advertising features and applications for customized client engagement servers.
Back to top