Platform Engineer, Exchange
Changing the established guidelines of an industry, especially one as rooted as digital advertising, isn't an easy or quick effort, but we believe it's the right thing to do and we want to be the ones to do it. We're looking for hungry people who are passionate about redefining the digital video and media world, from how consumers experience it to how content creators fund it.
We work hard at true[X], and we believe in fostering an open, collaborative, motivating, creative culture for our team; put simply, our employees love to come to work. We have all the perks you can expect from a startup environment, including a sunlit rooftop patio, corn hole and ping pong, and a stocked pantry and fridge.
The true[X] technology team is a bit of an anomaly in the tech world: Once people join us, they tend to stick around. Our leadership has been a part of this company for 10+ years (since the beginning), and our turnover is exceptionally low.
You can ask individual members their thoughts, but this dedication generally comes down to two factors. First, the people: We hire smart, driven, accountable, and friendly individuals. We all appreciate and are proud of the culture we’ve created here, and it’s in no small part due to our high hiring standards. Second (and this point cannot be understated): There is a endless supply of engaging engineering work to be done. Our engineers are constantly expanding their knowledge and experience, whether it be exploring a new language on a hackday, learning the internals of various cloud platforms, or leveraging new tools to work with our “Big (and growing!) Data". Boredom doesn’t exist here.
Our leadership takes pride in fostering a sustainable software development cadence. No artificial deadlines. No guilting our team into staying late. And no micromanagement. We use the best tools to get the job done, end of story. We communicate via Slack (mostly emojis and gifs, really). We like testing. We have an aversion to meetings. You get the hardware you prefer (within reason) to make you as productive as possible. We want you to be happy, and stay a valuable team member for a long time to come.
As a Platform Engineer, Exchange, you will join the small but critical team that builds the exchange platform that our advertisers and publishers use as their hub for ad management.
- Build and test new features for this high visibility web application
- Collaborate with Product, Business Development, Operations, and other teams to gather feedback, suggest features, and contribute to the roadmap
- Maintain (refactor!) the codebase as needed
- Build backend APIs using Ruby on Rails
- Build frontends using Angular.js
- Computer Science degree (or similar) required
- Experience with a backend MVC stack, such as Ruby on Rails
- Experience using a modern, dynamic language such as Ruby or Python
- Must have hands-on experience data modeling in production applications
- Familiarity with databases and SQL is strongly preferred
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs and modern web development practices
- Must be a strong written and verbal communicator
- Experience in the advertising industry is a plus
- Experience work with large data sets is a plus
Meet Some of true[X]'s Employees
Sharon’s team manages the client accounts and is mostly responsible for post-IO campaign implementation. She also works closely with the Sales and Strategy Teams to sell campaigns based on clients' needs.
Back to top