True Value Company, one of the world's largest member-owned hardware cooperatives with more than 4,000 independent retailers, is looking for an experienced Warehouse Supervisor who is interested in working in an environment that encourages quality, decision making & team work. In this role you will lead a team of warehouse associates in a high-volume, multi-shift, distribution operation in our Manchester, NH Regional Distribution Center (RDC).
As part of the True Value team, you will supervise department personnel (full-time/part-time/temporary). Maintain a safe work environment. Perform daily operations assuring efficient product flow through the use of a hands-free, automated data processing system, monitor daily performance of associates and managing quality improvement. Responsible for following company policy and procedures and ensuring each associate is aware of the policies.
• Manages associates and controls workflow within the departments and with the other area supervisors.
• Monitors associate performance and maintains work rules to ensure a high level of retailer service.
• Coordinates workflow with other members of the RDC leadership team.
• Ensures the quality, accuracy, and timeliness of work completion within the department.
• Works directly with associates to establish and foster a strong working relationship to support and enhance work performance.
• Involved with associate training and development, job requirements and safety requirements.
• Develops and fosters an atmosphere of high associate morale through an active, fair, and consistent implementation of policies and procedures.
• Other duties as assigned
• Educational Requirements: Bachelor's Degree preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience in the logistics industry.
• Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
• Proven leadership in a comparable environment.
• Capable of working holidays and weekends when operational requirements necessitate.
• Decision-making, problem-solving and analytical skills are a must!
• PC skills including proficiency in use of Word & Excel as well as experience with WMS/RF.
•Must be able to work any shift including nights and weekends.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Meet Some of True Value Company's Employees
Jackie helps True Value’s Field Team grow by assisting the company’s stores with retail, merchandising, pricing, and marketing techniques in order to maximizes sales.
Back to top