Warehouse Supervisor - 2nd shift
- Fontana-On-Geneva Lake, WI
True Value Company , one of the world's largest hardlines wholesalers with more than 4,400 independent retailers in over 60 countries, is looking for Warehouse Supervisor - 2nd shift for our Harvard, IL Distribution Center.
Scheduled Days: Monday through Friday Starting Time: 11:30am
The Warehouse Supervisor will supervise the distribution center personnel while maintaining a safe work environment. Performs daily operations assuring efficient product flow, monitors daily performance of associates, manages quality improvement, and is responsible for following company policy and procedures and ensuring each associate is aware of the policies.
• Manages and controls associates and workflow within the departments and with the other members of the RDC leadership team.
• Monitors employee performance and maintains work rules to ensure a high level of service to our Retailers and works directly with associates to establish and foster strong working relationships to support and enhance work performance.
• Ensures the quality, accuracy, and timeliness of work completion within the department while making certain a safe work environment is provided.
• Explores and implements changes in their area of responsibility that will continuously improve/enhance performance.
• Involved with employee training and development, job requirements and safety requirements.
• Develops and fosters an atmosphere of high employee morale through an active, fair, and consistent implementation of policies and procedures.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
• Proven leadership in a comparable environment
• Decision-making, problem-solving and analytical skills are a must!
• PC skills including proficiency in use of MS Outlook, Word & Excel. Experience with WMS system a plus.
• Educational Requirements:
Bachelor's Degree preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience in the logistics industry.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top