Vendor Operations Analyst
True Value Company is looking for an individual who balances strong analytical skills, insightful report creation abilities, a drive for eliminating inefficiencies, and strong customer service skills. This position will interact and collaborate with AP team members, retailers, vendors, merchandising, accounting and other RSC departments.
Maintain a clear understanding of the Merchandising Vendor Allowances. Be responsible for review and accuracy of all vendor contracts as they relate to the Vendor Operations area. Ensure that all deal monies are appropriately collected in True Value's behalf. Track and measure each program on a monthly basis. A successful candidate must have proven Excel and data management experience (SQL or Access preferably).
- Maintain a clear understanding of the department handled programs. Be responsible for review and accuracy of all vendor contracts as they relate to the Vendor Operations area. Ensure that all deal monies are appropriately collected in True Value's behalf. Track and measure each program on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for the deal agreement review to ensure that all pertinent criteria is transferred to computer systems for calculations and collections opportunities. Responsible for enhancing communication with relevant teams regarding the agreement details, impact on rebates and related reporting. Ability to identify variances and explain via reporting, commentary and in meetings required.
- Maintain all related databases with accurate updates and timely reviews and reconciliation. Seek to develop new processes and reporting where relevant.
- Responsible for meeting all goals relating to department handled programs. This may include handling vendor checks, credit memos and processing vendor deductions as well as maintaining a set goal for vendor rebates and monthly closings. Work with vendors and True Value buyers to solve all vendor disputes and related vendor correspondence. Work with team members and other departments to enhance a cooperative approach to reporting vendor rebate details.
- Work with the Vendor Ops Supervisor, Accounting Department and Merchandising Controller on month end close procedures (including reserves and reconciliations)
- Other duties as assigned
- 1-3 years of similar experience in customer service, merchandising, accounts payable, or similar role.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite
- Experience working with vendors, stakeholders, and customers
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top