Under the direction of the Transportation Manager in conjunction with the Office Manager will facilitate operating relationships between the RDC team and Ryder Logistics. Focus is directed toward dynamic routing in order to meet established cost and service goals related to store delivery, routing efficiency, and trailer cube utilization. Must promote and maintain a safe work environment. Review and maintain compliance with all federal, state and local regulatory requirements. Additional Data Processing duties include: Dynamic Routing and the release and printing of various labels and other materials. They will also trouble shoot minor system issues, order supplies and schedule equipment maintenance. Will also perform routine, varied and complex clerical and operational duties in accordance with standard procedures and in support of facility operating needs.
- Perform nightly delivery route generation. Dynamically route orders to balance maximizing cube utilization and maintaining member service expectations. Includes consolidating routes and orders, creation of extra loads, and use of alternate transportation options (common carrier, holding orders, order splits, etc. Work with the Transportation Manager to maximize fleet support of vendor inbounds. Support execution of opportunities to perform 3rd party freight shipments that are compatible with Member deliveries & inbound vendor freight. Update and maintain operating related systems and mainframe applications.
- Perform communications between the RDC management team, Ryder on-site management, RSC staff and network transportation sites. Will communicate effectively with member stores, vendors, and shipper customers to achieve a safe and legal environment of continuous improvement. Ensure the quality, accuracy, and timeliness of member and vender deliveries and for hire pick-ups.
- May perform Data Processing clerical functions including: Releases, prints and distributes labels, reports and other jobs from the main frame system (ex. Bin tickets, order filling labels, MRI's); Performs simple trouble shooting and maintenance on data processing equipment and performs file back-ups; Data entry; and Orders supplies and arranges equipment repair & maintenance with service vendors.
- Cross-train to perform other clerical duties as needed to support departments such as Claims, Receiving, Shipping or Inventory Control. Clerical duties will include handling internal and external phone calls, updating excel spreadsheets, scheduling deliveries or shipments, compiling records, filing, tabulating, posting information, photocopying, and distributing mail, and other clerical duties as they arise.
- Special projects as assigned by the TM and/or RDC Office Manager.
- Applies knowledge of department policies and procedures and utilizes knowledge of the organization and various functions to respond to inquiries or direct work.
• Education requirements: H.S. diploma or equivalent.
• Years of related experience: 1-3 years transportation/supplychain and office clerical experience.
• Computer skills required: Basic data entry, Excel, and Word.
• Good oral, written and telephone communication skills.
• Ability to perform multiple assignments while meeting assigned deadlines.
• Good organizational skills, attention to detail, and problem solving ability.
• Ability to effectively handle sensitive or emotional customer contact situations with a positive and helpful attitude.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Meet Some of True Value Company's Employees
Jackie helps True Value’s Field Team grow by assisting the company’s stores with retail, merchandising, pricing, and marketing techniques in order to maximizes sales.
Back to top