Team Leader - Orderfilling
Looking for a great opportunity in the warehousing industry? A company with competitive wages, great medical benefits and an industry-leading 401K plan?
True Value Company is hiring safe, personally driven and dependable associates who are interested in working with an enthusiastic, fast-paced, customer-focused team.
Salary range starts at $13.75 with a step progression to $19.20 and an opportunity to earn additional hourly incentive pay based on your productivity and quality.
The Team Leader is a working leader who is responsible for providing team leadership within a specific distribution center department or function to ensure the efficient accomplishment of assigned operating objectives. Supports supervisor in monitoring associate performance and managing work quality. Assists supervisor in communicating company policy and procedures among team members and ensuring team members adhere to stated policies and procedures.
When not performing Team Leader duties, you will be responsible for performing Merchandise Handler duties in your assigned department, meeting or exceeding set standards for productivity and quality. You will be responsible for operating power equipment; using small hand tools, pallet handlers and hand trucks. True Value selects merchandise with the latest voice-pick technology to ensure accuracy and quality.
Consistent with our value of Stewardship, True Value supports United Way, Boys & Girls Club of America, and other non-profit endeavors in our local communities.
The effective Merchandise Handler performs the following tasks safely with the customer in mind:
- Meets or exceeds set standards for productivity and quality in the productive function to which he/she is assigned. (Order-filling, Shipping, Receiving, Stocking, Inventory)
- Supervises team members and completes specific duties in the Supervisor's absence.
- Assists supervisor with conducting associate training and defining job requirements.
- Assists the Supervisor in coordinating workflow with other members of the RDC leadership team.
- Clarifies operating policies, procedures and safety requirements to team members.
- Fosters an atmosphere of high employee morale through an active, fair and consistent application of policies and procedures.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
A successful team member possesses the following qualifications:
- Has above average warehouse management skills, experience with automated warehouse management systems and a solid grasp of facility policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work well unsupervised as well as supervise others, follow verbal and written instructions, work independently and pay close attention to details
- Ability to communicate effectively with associates, vendors and/or retailers.
- Ability to make decisions in accordance with operating policies and practices.
- Flexibility to perform job duties for different sections or shifts of the RDC.
- Ability to work all overtime holidays and weekends when operational requirements necessitate
- Able to operate power equipment
- Must be able to stand and walk 8 or more hours per day (Average 5-10 miles per day)
- Bending, reaching, twisting, pulling, kneeling and lifting are continuous essential functions of the job
- Will lift from 1-75 pounds from floor to five feet level continuously and team lift heavier items
- Normal physical agility is a must
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Meet Some of True Value Company's Employees
Jackie helps True Value’s Field Team grow by assisting the company’s stores with retail, merchandising, pricing, and marketing techniques in order to maximizes sales.
Back to top