Shipping - 2nd Shift
Looking for a great opportunity in the warehousing industry? A company with competitive wages, great medical benefits and an industry-leading 401K plan?
True Value Company is hiring safe, personally driven and dependable associates who are interested in working with an enthusiastic, fast-paced, customer-focused team.
Salary range for this 2nd shift position starts at $13.25 with a step progression to $19.05 and an opportunity to earn additional hourly incentive pay based on your productivity and quality. Scheduled hours are 12:00pm-9:00pm on Mondays and Tuesdays, 12:00pm-8:00pm on Wednesdays and Thursdays, and 12:00pm-6:00pm on Fridays.
The Merchandise Handler is responsible for safely unloading merchandise from trailers, lifting cartons and product, and checking goods received against purchase orders or invoices. You are also responsible for loading cartons on pallets and other containers for outbound shipment. Stocking shelves with goods received while accurately maintaining records of goods received or shipped is also part of the job.
You may be responsible for operating power equipment; using small hand tools, pallet handlers and hand trucks. True Value selects merchandise with the latest voice-pick technology to ensure accuracy and quality.
Please review our website at truevalue.jobs.net for other full-time and part-time warehouse opportunities in Harvard, IL.
The effective Merchandise Handler performs the following tasks safely with the customer in mind:
- Loads and unloads merchandise from trailers
- Lifts cartons and other items frequently
- Selects and picks product for shipment to valued store members
- Matches goods received with purchase orders and/or invoices using leading edge voice pick technology
- Ensures accuracy of all goods handled through record verification matching inventory to order numbers
- May operate power equipment including: forklifts, pallet handlers and hand trucks
- May use small hand tools
- Prepare merchandise for shipping using shrink wrap machines or other devices
A successful team member possesses the following qualifications:
- High School diploma/GED or equivalent work experience is preferred
- Minimum 18 -years-old
- Must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and background check
- Basic math and English comprehension
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Meet Some of True Value Company's Employees
Jackie helps True Value’s Field Team grow by assisting the company’s stores with retail, merchandising, pricing, and marketing techniques in order to maximizes sales.
Back to top