Sales Representative - Paint Raleigh, NC Market
- Chicago, IL
The Sales Representative - Paint Plus under minimal supervision, generates existing and new sales for assigned territories. Accountable for delivering sustainable and profitable sales growth and market share within the paint store channel. Contacts/visits existing and prospective commercial (business) customers. Builds and maintains network of colleagues, partners, and customers to share information and obtain prospects. Observes and participates in presenting products and services that can benefit customer's needs. Establishes and fosters customer relationships and contacts in assigned territories.
* This position will support the Raleigh, NC Market Travel 60-80% is required
- Focuses on acquiring new customers while growing share of wallet to existing customers.
- Develops and implements comprehensive territory plan that identifies the customers and products needed to deliver against sales targets to support TVM strategy.
- Identifies prospects and leads from a variety of sources, and vets them appropriately to maintain a sales pipeline. Gathers relevant information about accounts to be used in the selling process. Identifies the relevant stakeholders within a customer and customizes messaging for them.
- Meets or exceeds the sales target determined for the account territory. Manages budget and expense account within company guidelines.
- Coordinates sales negotiations in their entirety. Develops and maintains productive, long-term customer relationships.
- Understands how to sell on the strengths of brands and products, not solely based on price and service levels. Demonstrates knowledge of the organization's entire product line/services.
- Investigates and helps resolve customer problems with deliveries, billing, and collections (along with customer service), keeping contact with the customer at all stages.
- Plan and facilitate end user events, trade shows and regular contractor breakfasts using sales presentations and product demonstrations.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Work experience in paint sales (preferred)
- 3 to 5 years of B2B sales experience with 1 to 2 years of sales experience with focus on new account acquisition including outside sales.
- Basic knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and CRM systems (for documenting sales activities).
- "Growth mentality", focused on building strong relationships with new customers and growing relationships with existing customers, thoughtful about planning for growth.
- Proven sales ability for 'hunting' and developing new business using value-based selling.
- Ability to travel between 60% to 80%
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top