True Value Company, one of the world's largest member-owned hardware cooperatives with more than 4,000 independent retailers, is looking for an experienced Purchasing Agent who is interested in working in an environment that encourages quality, decision making, & team work. In this role you will support the True Value Manufacturing paint factory in Cary, IL.
The Purchasing Agent is responsible for the organization, planning, procurement, and all related activities for material requirements in assigned areas.
- RAW MATERIAL MANAGEMENT:
- Review and analyze raw material requirements, production forecasts and changes as it pertains to Aerosol and Chemical Products raw material purchases (bags, drums, bulk tanks), packaging requirements,(i.e.: F-style cans, aerosol caps and labels, chemical products, jugs and sleeves, and cartons.) as well as outside purchased finished goods.
- Place orders accordingly while maintaining inventory levels as low as possible with regard to meeting inventory goals.
- Assist factory managers and their staff whenever needed with regard to the completion of weekly production schedule. Subjects included in this area are raw materials and packaging requirements, lead times, expediting, receiving problems, inventory discrepancies, specials, schedule changes, problem/bad batches, quality control issues, defective materials and the coordination of returns and/or exchanges.
- Maintain lists of current obsolete raw materials, packaging, and label components for Aerosol and Chemical products, Oil and Latex, and along with Regulatory Dept. and initiate phase out, return, or disposal..
- NEW PRODUCT/PACKAGING INTRODUCTION:
- Responsible for the coordination and introduction with Marketing of new sales aids and displays.
- Coordinate the phase out and disposition of old stock.
- Coordinates new packaging introduction and all revisions with regard to art, input to system, order placement, monitor delivery dates, and advising the Marketing, Production and P&IC dept for filling scheduling, and disposition of old stock for respective area
- Maintain cost updates in system as related to packaging components for Aerosol and Chemical products, Oil and Latex.
- Assists with yearly cost season including verification of last purchase price as well as current cost and update of current freight charges.
- Review invoice discrepancies on Aerosol & Chemical Products raw material and packaging items.
- Determine cause for discrepancy, calling vendor, approving accordingly for payment.
- Assist in pricing of outside business opportunities with regard to obtaining price quotations and product availability.
Visit with vendors with regard to obtaining the best possible price, order quantities and terms to assist department in cost reduction program as well as any quality problems/concerns.
Processing of New and Obsolete product notices with department information as needed.
Assists in the annual physical inventory by auditing original counts of raw materials and packaging if needed.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities
- 3 or more years of experience working in a purchasing or manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Meet Some of True Value Company's Employees
Jackie helps True Value’s Field Team grow by assisting the company’s stores with retail, merchandising, pricing, and marketing techniques in order to maximizes sales.
Back to top