Merchandise Handler PART-TIME
- Denver, CO
Looking for a great opportunity in the warehousing industry? A company with competitive wages, great medical benefits and an industry-leading 401K plan?
Part-time hourly associates work up to 24 hours a week, Schedule hours are between 3am-4pm.
True Value Company is hiring safe, personally driven and dependable associates who are interested in working with an enthusiastic, fast-paced, customer-focused team.
Hourly wages from $14.20 to $17.05 depending on experience. Gainshare incentive for increased productivity and high quality standards are available as well.
The Merchandise Handler is responsible for safely unloading merchandise from trailers, lifting cartons and product, and checking goods received against purchase orders or invoices. You are also responsible for loading cartons on pallets and other containers for outbound shipment. Stocking shelves with goods received while accurately maintaining records of goods received or shipped is also part of the job.
You may be responsible for operating power equipment; using small hand tools and hand trucks. True Value selects merchandise with the latest voice-pick technology to ensure accuracy and quality.
Consistent with our value of Stewardship, True Value supports United Way, Boys & Girls Club of America, and other non-profit endeavors in our local communities.
The effective Merchandise Handler performs the following tasks safely with the customer in mind:
- Loads and unloads merchandise from trailers
- Lifts cartons and other items frequently
- Selects and picks product for shipment to valued store members
- Matches goods received with purchase orders and/or invoices using leading edge voice pick technology
- Ensures accuracy of all goods handled through record verification matching inventory to order numbers
- May operate power equipment including: forklifts, pallet handlers and hand trucks
- May use small hand tools
- Prepare merchandise for shipping using shrink wrap machines or other devices
A successful team member possesses the following qualifications:
- High School diploma/GED or equivalent work experience is preferred
- Minimum 18 -years-old
- Must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and background check
- Basic math and English comprehension
- Must pass our entry-level job skills assessment
- Ability to perform the job in a safe manner
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Must be dependable
- Attention to detail is essential
- Must have the ability to learn the operation of material handling equipment in a safe manner
- Desire to learn new functions and processes
- Be open to change and cross-training
- Ability to work all overtime hours
- Must be able to stand and walk 8 or more hours per day (Average 5-10 miles per day)
- Bending, reaching, twisting, pulling, kneeling and lifting are continuous essential functions of the job
- Will lift from 1-75 pounds from floor to five feet level continuously and team lift heavier items
- Normal physical agility is a must
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top