Merchandise Handler - 2nd Shift
Looking for a great opportunity in warehousing industry? A company with competitive wages, great, medical benefits and an industry-leading 401K plan? True Value Company is hiring safe, personally driven and dependable asscociates who are intersted in working with an euthusiastic, fast-paced, customer-focused team.
Salary ranges from 13.86 to 16.36 depending on experience.
The Merchandise Handler is responsible for safely unloading merchandise from trailers, lifting carton and product and checking goods recieved against purchased orders and invoices. You are responsible for loading a cartons on pallets and other containers for outbound shipment. Stocking shelves with goods received while accurately maintatining record of goods received or shippped is also apart of the job.
You may be responsible for operating power equipement; using small hand tools, pallet handlers, and hand trucks. True Value supports United Way, Boys and Girls Club of America and other non-profit endeavors in our local communities.
**This is a 2nd shift opening.
The effective Merchandise Handler performs the following tasks safely with the customer in mind:
- Loads and unloads merchandise from trailers
- Lifts cartons and other items frequently
- Selects and picks product for shipment to valued store members
- Matches goods received with purchase orders and/or invoices using leading edge voice pick technology
- Ensures accuracy of all goods handled through record verification matching inventory to order numbers
- May operate power equipment including: forklifts, pallet handlers and hand trucks
- May use small hand tools
- Prepare merchandise for shipping using shrink wrap machines or other devices
A successful team member possesses the following qualifications:
- High School diploma/GED or equivalent work experience is preferred
- Minimum 18 -years-old
- Must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and background check
- Basic math and English comprehension
- Must pass our entry-level job skills assessment
- Ability to perform the job in a safe manner
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Must be dependable
- Attention to detail is essential
- Must have the ability to learn the operation of material handling equipment in a safe manner
- Desire to learn new functions and processes
- Be open to change and cross-training
- Ability to work all overtime hours
- Must be able to stand and walk 8 or more hours per day (Average 5-10 miles per day)
- Bending, reaching, twisting, pulling, kneeling and lifting are continuous essential functions of the job
- Will lift from 1-75 pounds from floor to five feet level continuously and team lift heavier items
- Normal physical agility is a must
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Meet Some of True Value Company's Employees
Jackie helps True Value’s Field Team grow by assisting the company’s stores with retail, merchandising, pricing, and marketing techniques in order to maximizes sales.
Back to top