Maintenance Mechanic 1
- Crystal Lake, IL
True Value Manufacturing in Cary, IL is Hiring!
Due to our continued growth we are looking for personally driven and dependable associates to join our team as Maintenance Mechanic 1
Scheduled Days: Monday through Friday Hours: 9:00 am to 5:30 pm
Starting Pay Rate: $20 to $30 per hour *** based on experience and qualifications
Installs, repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment such as engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines and equipment.
The effective Mechanic will perform the following tasks safely:
- Performs Change Over and Set Up of production lines
- Troubleshoots and repairs factory equipment
- Observes mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts.
- Lubricates and cleans parts.
- Conducts preventative equipment maintenance as needed.
- Follows all prescribed safety practices and follows all safety practices and regulations for LOCK-OUT / TAG-OUT.
- Initiates purchase order for parts and machines.
- Repairs electrical equipment.
- Starts devices to test their performance.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma/GED or equivalent work experience is preferred
- Minimum 18 -years-old
- Must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and background check
- Basic math and English comprehension
- Prior experience with machine repair and set up, conveyor systems
- Must have Preventive Maintenance experience
- Line production experience a plus
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Good attention to detail
- Must have ability to work with chemicals, paints, and solvents.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top