Inventory Planning Manager
True Value Company, a global wholesaler serving retail locations in 60 countries, has an immediate need for an Inventory Planning Manager. You will play a meaningful role by managing planners that help to strategically and analytically forecast supply and demand of various products in specific categories. Having strong analytical, problem solving, communication, facilitation, and forecasting skills are critical in the success of this role.
Join the True Value Inventory Management team and assist in slimming the gap between overstocked products and timely product inventory delivery to more than 4,000 customers. The Inventory Planning Manager is responsible for implementing the forecasting and inventory management for one or more assigned categories. They manage a team of Demand Planners and Supply Planners. The goal of the Inventory Planning Manager function is to grow revenue and profitability through proper utilization of tools, processes and techniques to deliver world class service levels and outstanding inventory productivity. This individual is accountable for the daily coaching, training and ongoing development of the Demand and Supply Planners, monitoring compliance to established processes and facilitating collaboration with the Merchandising group to achieve financial goals.
Joining True Value offers a culture that:
- Embraces personal and professional growth
- Recognizes diverse perspectives
- Provides competitive compensation
- Committed to volunteerism and community outreach
- Your Value = Our Value. True Value.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (in order of importance):
- Trains and develops Demand Planners and Supply Planners
- Administers and provides structured and non-structured feedback and performance reviews
- Responsible for interviewing and providing input for hiring decisions
- Acts as an advocate and key resource for Retailers in helping them achieve sales and inventory productivity goals
- Manages key relationships with the Merchandising organization to ensure programs support sales, service levels and inventory objectives
Collaborates with suppliers and merchants to support sales, profit and inventory goals
- Works collaboratively with supply chain, logistics and transportation organizations to ensure efficiencies are realized to achieve overall profitability for the company
- Analyzes demand trends for both core and seasonal categories with a focus on regional variations to meet service level and inventory productivity goals
- Ensures that the Demand Planners proactively adjust demand forecasts, and Supply Planners adjust receipts and inventory levels as needed to support performance goals and financial plans
Models and instructs Supply Planners on best practice utilization of JDA
Facilitates projects for ongoing improvements to fill rates and inventory productivity
Works in tandem with Supply Planners on identification of root cause analysis on fill rate issues and implementation of corrective action plans
Proactively identifies process improvements and works to develop practical solutions. Aids in development of processes and tools to improve service level performance and inventory productivity.
Establishes and monitors goals for key inventory KPIs. Manages process to determine root cause when KPIs are out of expected normal ranges. Develops and implements corrective actions.
- Lead or act as the Inventory Planning representative in Strategic Company Projects that require Inventory Planning input. These projects will have significant impact on company goals and performance.
- Responsible for Open-To-Buy adherence
Manages replenishment, promotional and seasonal forecasting to achieve sales, service levels and inventory productivity
Identifies opportunities as well as potential risks to achieving sales, margin and turnover financial plans
Works in conjunction with the finance group to identify, address and model the financial impact with liquidation requirements for surplus and unproductive inventory
- Three to five years of related experience required
- Logistics, Merchandising, Retail, Supply Chain and Wholesale experience required
- Manages the movement of inventory
- Manages the work of exempt associates
- Highly skilled in Excel and demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical, research, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Strong leadership, decision making, and organizational skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Meet Some of True Value Company's Employees
Jackie R.Senior Business Advisor
Jackie helps True Value’s Field Team grow by assisting the company’s stores with retail, merchandising, pricing, and marketing techniques in order to maximizes sales.
Back to top