General Packaging - 2nd shift
- Crystal Lake, IL
True Value Company is looking for a safe, personally driven and dependable associate who is interested in working with an enthusiastic, fast-paced, customer-focused team.
Scheduled Days: Monday through Friday Hours: 2:30pm to 11pm
The General Packager is responsible for the packaging of coatings products. Tends machine that performs all packaging functions such as filling, marking, labeling, banding, tying, packing, or wrapping containers. You may be responsible for operating power equipment; using small hand tools, pallet handlers and hand trucks.
Consistent with our value of Stewardship, True Value supports United Way, Boys & Girls Club of America, and other non-profit endeavors in our local communities.
Please review our website at www.truevaluecompany.com for other full-time and part-time manufacturing and warehouse opportunities in Cary, IL.
- Starts machine and observes operation to detect malfunctions of machine.
- Stops machine and reports malfunction to supervisor.
- Makes minor adjustments such as setting guides, or clearing away damaged product containers.
- Feeds product to conveyors, and unloads packaged product.
- Replenishes packaging supplies as needed.
- Mounts supplies on feeding devices.
- Positions container in machine and depresses pedal, presses button, or moves lever to fill, glue, label, and cap container.
- Cuts stencils and stencils information on container such as lot number or shipping destination.
- Loads and Unloads trucks manually or using a forklift; uses pallet handlers and hand trucks
- May use small hand tools
- High School diploma/GED or equivalent work experience is preferred
- Minimum 18 -years-old
- Must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and background check
- Basic math and English comprehension
- Ability to operate all manufacturing equipment and perform all mixing duties
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Good attention to detail
- Must have ability to stand and walk 8 to 10 hours/day;
- Must have ability to repetitively lift, handle, rotate, lift up to 25 lbs. regularly, 50 lbs. frequently, and 75 lbs. occasionally; lift from floor to five feet high.
- Must have ability to work with chemicals, paints, and solvents
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top