True Value Company is the only hardlines wholesaler with a globally-recognized brand and serves over 4,400 retail locations in 60 countries. Our focus is making an impact with our customers. Joining True Value offers a culture that:
- Embraces personal and professional growth
- Recognizes diverse perspectives
- Provides competitive compensation while balancing your work-life needs
Your Value = Our Value. True Value.
We have an immediate need for a Credit Analyst. The Credit Analyst recommends and reviews credit review points for new and existing accounts; reviews established accounts to determine compliance with credit limits and payment terms; analyzes financial statements, credit reports, security documents and Letters of Credit to maximize credit extension while managing True Value Company's risk; and assists customers with claims and disputes. Minimal supervised travel is required.
- Monitor and collect outstanding debt as directed on Active/Inactive past due accounts
- Review and approve orders after verifying Customer payment status, financial position and True Value security position
- Maintain existing portfolio of account files with current financial information, business credit reports, and personal credit bureau reports
- Interface with sales representatives, A/P department, order processing, warehouse and Customer Support on new and existing True Value stores
- Initiate and follow up on Letters of Credit, collateral deposits, wire transfers, cash applications and reconciliation of funds
- Prepare, process, file and maintain security documentation where required (UCC-1, UCC-3, L/C's, Collateral Deposits, etc.)
- Perform financial statement analysis of new and existing stores to determine financial strength, credit line, security requirements, and risk analysis; consult with Regional Directors/Retail Consultants/Sales and Retail Finance Manager on analysis of operational challenges on new/existing Customers
- Responsible for performing customer account reconciliation to include the identification of account statement items and communicating the status of open items to members, etc.
- Process New Customer Packages, reviewing for accuracy and completeness
- Contact accounts, vendors and freight forwarders as necessary to resolve disputed invoices
Minimum Type and Years of Related Experience Required:
- Three to five years of related experience required
- Wholesale credit and collections experience required
- Accounting experience and strong analytical skills required
- Strong client servicing skills required
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top