Staffer, Mailroom - 3rd Shift
Perform various mailroom duties including lifting and removing newspaper bundles, monitoring the automated mailroom equipment and checking papers for quality. Perform various duties in preparing insert preprints for bulk delivery including loading preprints into insert machine hopper feeder, loading completed bundles onto skids, preparing inserts for post office delivery and cleaning insert area.
- Lift and move newspaper bundles, ensuring accurate zone requirements.
- Monitor automated mailroom equipment, clearing paper jams, notifying pressroom, electrician and/or supervisor as appropriate when major equipment problems occur.
- Pick up and salvage or dispose of broken bundles and/or waste. Prepare various logs by filling in stacker and waste numbers.
- Check papers for quality by randomly scanning several papers and notifying appropriate staff of poor quality printing or errors.
- Perform general clean-up of papers, skids and debris that accumulate during the shift, adhering to job procedures and Courant recycling practices.
- Perform additional mailroom duties to assist in meeting department and company goals.
- Feed preprints into insert machine hopper neatly and accurately. Monitor insert machine to reduce double inserts and/or skips so that all jackets have correct inserts.
- Some high school preferred
- No experience required
- Manual dexterity, strength to lift up to 50 pounds
- The ability to concentrate on accuracy while machine is running.
- Work schedules may vary based on business needs. Including nights and weekends.
Hartford Courant Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Meet Some of tronc's Employees
Media Sales Consultant
Alex helps local businesses find unique and innovative ways to reach their customers. By working with clients to understand their strategic goals, she’s able to design custom, multi-platform campaigns that achieve results.
Back to top