Sr Payroll Specialist
The Sr. Payroll Specialist will evaluate and perform end-to-end, bi-weekly payroll processing and related timekeeping activities for 6,200+ employees ensuring the highest level of accuracy and efficiency, level of customer service and data integrity.
- Research, analyze and resolve complex payroll related issues.
- Develop and maintain payroll system analytics and reporting
- Provide crucial data to support business units and drive continuous improvement within the payroll functions.
- Evaluate and enhance internal process controls and internal/external compliance capabilities.
- Review, analyze and verify payroll reports and documents for accuracy
- Coordinate and interact with third party vendors and bank representatives
- Complete funding reports, daily positive pay
- Coordinate special processes (i.e., pay cards and uploads)
- Assist in system update testing
- Deliver a high-level of service while engaging with all levels to ensure end-to-end disbursement workflow is functioning as designed.
- Coordinate with technology partners and cross functional groups to identify and resolve systems and process issues.
- Organize, prioritize, and provide a high degree of accuracy in analysis, reporting and presenting of financial information.
- Must have strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must be well organized and have strong planning and prioritization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective time management and ability to meet deadlines with moderate supervision
- Self Starter who works well independently.
- Strong process and issue analysis, judgment and problem solving skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple tasks
- Excellent interpersonal skills, customer focused, demonstrates initiative and effective in a team environment
- Results orientation by tracking reports and data to support business units and drive continuous improvement within the service center payroll functions.
- Solid knowledge of accounting/payroll principles and practices
- Understanding of current payroll laws and regulations; must include multi-state experience
- Knowledge of Workday and Kronos systems preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Word Excel preferred
- 5-10 years of payroll experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field, or 5+years of payroll processing experience
- CPP/FPC Payroll certification desired
- Works under the direction of the Payroll Manager
- This position works in a team-oriented environment and supports internal clients
- No supervisory responsibilities
Meet Some of tronc's Employees
Media Sales Consultant
Alex helps local businesses find unique and innovative ways to reach their customers. By working with clients to understand their strategic goals, she’s able to design custom, multi-platform campaigns that achieve results.
Back to top