At tronc we are growing data and engineering teams in our Los Angeles offices to power the future of digital news and promote quality journalism. We’re looking for a smart and talented software engineer who wants to contribute to the future of journalism and fit into our culture of collaboration and innovation.
- Developing WordPress plugins and custom functionality
- Designing and implementing new features and functionality
- Establishing and guiding site architecture
- Developing and maintaining complex WordPress-based applications
- Ensuring high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the CMS
- Helping formulate an effective, responsive design and turning it into a working theme and plugin.
- 3-5 years experience with minimum of two years WordPress development experience
- Experience creating custom WordPress plugins
- Experience coding WordPress themes
- Experience designing and developing responsive and adaptive websites
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
- Proficient understanding of code versioning utilizing Git
- Strong understanding of PHP back-end development
- Strong understanding of MySQL database programming
Meet Some of tronc's Employees
Media Sales Consultant
Alex helps local businesses find unique and innovative ways to reach their customers. By working with clients to understand their strategic goals, she’s able to design custom, multi-platform campaigns that achieve results.
Back to top