Rack Repair, Coordinator
To perform as a news rack specialist for the Circulation Distribution Department of the Chicago Tribune, with responsibility to execute specific news rack related activities for the Chicago Tribune. Under the direction of the Transportation Team Leader, achieve and ensure compliance with local jurisdiction Code Enforcement Departments for the installation and operation of fixed mounted coin operated news racks on city streets and certain authorized private property. The Rack Repair Coordinator utilizes his/her skills to provide installation/de-installation of all fixed mounted news racks within the Chicago Tribune core marketing footprint, proactive immediate maintenance, repair and replacement of fixed mounted news racks as required, to ensure these news racks are mounted correctly to meet local city codes and protect the safety of readers utilizing these news racks for the purpose of purchasing a daily, Chicago Tribune, Chicago Sun Times, HOY, or Redeye newspaper; meeting City Code, customer and department requirements.
- Perform repairs to fixed mounted news racks as requested; perform fixed news rack installations/removals, inspections, and correction of local code violations
- Perform fixed mounted assigned duties in a quality and timely manner to ensure the safe and efficient operation of equipment
- Maintain effective and open communication with supervisor on any matters impacting news rack city codes and violations; report to the supervisor any matters requiring his/her attention
- Inform the Chicago Tribune Team Leader of any information regarding compliance of news racks that may lead or result in a violation notice being issued
- Warehousing/order fulfillment – maintain a clean, organized and safe work environment in the Chicago Tribune Rack house; assist with the warehouse inventory, packaging and shipment of rack replacement parts to independent distribution companies; report inventory gaps to the Team Leader
- Delivery of racks and/or rack parts to independent distribution companies as necessary and required
- Maintain an on-going dialog with the Chicago Tribune Team Leader, ensuring that work quality, performance, and materials meet required work schedules and expectations
- Diagnose, test and repair street rack mechanisms returned to the Chicago Tribune as “not working” by the independent distribution companies
- Provide Rack house maintenance as necessary
- Work in conjunction with the Team Leader and provide back-up when supervisor is not available
- Comply with all aspects of the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct, and all operating procedures, policies and directives
- Maintain proper safety practices at all times
- Requires working in a warehouse environment and outdoors at various temperatures.
- Ability to lift 30-50 pounds.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
Meet Some of tronc's Employees
Media Sales Consultant
Alex helps local businesses find unique and innovative ways to reach their customers. By working with clients to understand their strategic goals, she’s able to design custom, multi-platform campaigns that achieve results.
Back to top