Product Marketing Manager
tronc is seeking a Product Marketing Manager to support our go-to-market strategy and growth in digital marketing services. These services, combined with our media brands, boutique marketing agencies, and strategic sales approach, offer our client partners highly-effective solutions to grow their business. This position will focus on market positioning, growth strategy, and business planning. The ideal candidate will have a combination of digital marketing expertise, strategic and creative thinking skills, and financial acumen. S/he will be equally comfortable and effective with both strategic planning and digging into specific client partnership pitches.
- Own our strategic planning process and deliverables for our digital marketing services businesses.
- Develop expertise by tracking industry trends and client feedback/performance with our offerings. Understand how various industries leverage digital marketing services to grow their businesses.
- Contribute to company decision-making process around growth and direction of the business.
- Create portfolio collateral including comprehensive media kits and specific solution offerings.
- Apply best practices from our partners and vendors to strengthen our product portfolio and sales effectiveness. Facilitate and participate in real-time collaboration with your market partners and across other tronc business units.
- Collaborate across tronc market and centralized resources on marketing strategy, execution, research, and other relevant initiatives.
- Challenge our account teams by ensuring their solutions are designed to exceed client objectives and expectations.
- Perform additional duties as assigned, meaning there will be other things you’ll need to do that we haven’t thought of, but will generally be in line with the position.
- Personal attributes: Embrace challenge; relentless pursuit of excellence; little fear of adversity and headwinds; self-starter mentality that takes direction but doesn’t wait for it; kind and decent human being; doesn’t take her/himself too seriously; challenges current practice and standards; innovative; embraces change.
- Education: Bachelor's degree
- Experience: Minimum 5 years in a related role, or related experience with agencies or consulting firms.
- Marketing Tools Experience (preferred): Google Analytics, comScore, Adobe Analytics Suite
- B2B marketing experience in media or marketing services with a solid understanding of fundamental marketing principles including online/digital, promotions, product development, competitive media.
- Strong research and analysis skills, with the ability to generate insights based on data, sales strategy, and consumer trends.
- Multi-tasker: Ability to manage multiple deadline-oriented projects concurrently and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; attention to detail and organizational skills; financial acumen to build models.
- Balance: Ability to be strategic, analytical, creative, communicative, and detail-oriented
- Embraces team outings with karaoke
Meet Some of tronc's Employees
Media Sales Consultant
Alex helps local businesses find unique and innovative ways to reach their customers. By working with clients to understand their strategic goals, she’s able to design custom, multi-platform campaigns that achieve results.
Back to top