Premium Accounts Account Manager (Media Sales)
Account Manager- Premium Accounts
The Morning Call, the Lehigh Valley's leading media company, is looking for an experienced and digitally savvy media sales professional to partner with our premium accounts.
We provide our media sales representatives with paid training, a rewarding work environment, & a comprehensive benefits package.
- Competitive base salary plus UNCAPPED commission
- UNLIMITED paid time off & holidays
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- 401k plan with matching
- Career advancement opportunities
- Professional development - ongoing strategic sales training, tools, & research support
- Company-provided laptop, iPad, mobile phone, & mileage allowances
This role reports to Steve Boyle, Advertising Director firstname.lastname@example.org
- Builds and maintains effective long-term relationships and a high level of satisfaction with key senior-level decision makers and influencers at an assigned group of customer accounts that may include major strategic customers within a geographic or industry focus.
- Conducts regular status and strategy meetings with the customer's senior management to understand their needs and link them to the organization's product/service strategies
- Identifies opportunities for incremental revenue generation, presents creative solutions to customers and closes business to achieve sales goals.
- Broad knowledge of all aspects of project management, brand development and digital marketing including multi-channel interactive program development, email marketing and social media.
- Demonstrates deep understanding of the marketplace, customers' business models and objectives, competitors, and print and digital offerings. Articulates product offerings and their value to customers.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business (Marketing, Communications, Journalism or Advertising concentration preferred) or equivalent sales experience (minimum 3-5 years).
- Demonstrated success in meeting revenue quotas.
- Significant Industry knowledge of print and digital advertising products offered.
- Working knowledge and experience utilizing CRM to manage day to day activities.
- Ability to become proficient in new technologies to efficientlymanage business processes.
- Successful relationship-building skills.
- Excellent analytical, written, oral, communication, written and presentation skills.
- Self-starter, possess high energy, solid presentation, creative and analytical skills.
- Ability to multi-task with strong time and project management skills.
- Creative flair and enthusiasm.
- Requires a valid driver’s license
- Requires ability to travel in the region for business calls and industry conferences (approx. 5% of time)
The Morning Call Media Group has been serving the Lehigh Valley for over 125 years and is part of tronc, Inc. (formerly Tribune Publishing), one of the most respected media companies in the world.
tronc, Inc. is a media company rooted in award-winning journalism. Headquartered in Chicago, tronc operates newsrooms in ten markets across the U.S. with titles including the Chicago Tribune, Los Angeles Times, New York Daily News, The Baltimore Sun, Orlando Sentinel, South Florida's Sun-Sentinel, Newport News, Virginia’s Daily Press, Allentown, Pennsylvania's The Morning Call, Hartford Courant, and The San Diego Union-Tribune. Tronc’s legacy of brands has earned a combined 105 Pulitzer Prizes and is committed to informing, inspiring, and engaging local communities.
Meet Some of tronc's Employees
Media Sales Consultant
Alex helps local businesses find unique and innovative ways to reach their customers. By working with clients to understand their strategic goals, she’s able to design custom, multi-platform campaigns that achieve results.
Back to top