Part Time Packager
The LA Times Manufacturing and Distribution facility is seeking a Part Time Packager who can contribute to the efforts in attaining the goals and objectives for the Newsprint Packaging Department and Operations. Must service our customers with a quality product within a timely and accurate process. In this role you will stuff inserters for insertion of preprinted materials by manually feeding unstrapped material into a hopper. Depending on bundle size may be required to feed two or more hoppers by rotating between products to be inserted.
- To Perform the duties of setting-up equipment prior to each production run to reduce potential downtime and waste.
- Proficient in troubleshooting minor problems of mailroom packaging equipment.
- Safe and efficient operation of palletizers, stackers and tying machines.
- Ability to safely operate lift equipment inclusive of forklifts, pallet jacks and rider lifts.
- Flexible to work multiple positions and perform a variety of tasks related to Mailroom operations within a shift to include but not limited to: Operation of packaging equipment as described above, Hand feed pallets into palletizer, Down stacking bundles off conveyers on to either plastic or wood pallets when required. Commercial delivery area in allocating and handling of CD bundles to hand stack on pallets and stage on appropriate docks for dispatching.
Required to stand for at least four (4) consecutive hours.
- Required to work weekends (evenings and nights).
- Ability to distinguish audible sounds and visual signals to safely operate packaging equipment.
- Must maneuver safely in what could be high traffic areas.
Work environment requires tolerance of noise level due to running machinery equipment.
To perform job duties utilizing teamwork to maintain a high degree of morale with co-workers.
- Always demonstrate safe working habits and maintain the work areas in a clean and orderly condition.
- Good verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to read and perform basic math (addition / subtraction).
- Must be able to work in a TEAM environment.
Meet Some of tronc's Employees
Media Sales Consultant
Alex helps local businesses find unique and innovative ways to reach their customers. By working with clients to understand their strategic goals, she’s able to design custom, multi-platform campaigns that achieve results.
Back to top