Responsible for movement, storing and processing of advertising materials for the Packaging division. Performing all related functions of the packaging operation under direction of supervisory personnel to enable the department to achieve optimum effectiveness of all daily and Sunday products
- Follow department policies and procedures in regards to safety, performance, attendance, etc.
- Meet set productivity, reliability and quality standards and goals.
- Monitor, operate, understand automatic and manual equipment including stackers, tyers, conveyors, hopper loaders, insert feeding stations, palletizers, labelers, stretch wrap machine, forklift operation.
- Feed free standing inserts efficiently into inserting machinery.
- Check for quality, accuracy and product integrity for all product.
- Maintain ongoing communication with Technician and crew in regards to production issues or changes.
- Read and comprehend daily worksheet reports and equipment checklist as required by supervisor.
- Maintain positive working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Train new employees on any packaging related tasks as assigned by supervisory personnel.
- Manually pile/unpile bundles of newspaper or free standing inserts.
- Operate lift truck and/or mule to transport preprinted material to and from storage or processing areas.
- Participate in team problem solving that will result in providing a consistent high quality product.
- Perform additional departmental tasks as assigned by supervisory personnel.
- Above average problem solving skills necessary to monitor and troubleshoot automatic and inserting equipment
- Requires physical dexterity to lift and pile newspaper products that vary in weight from five to fifty pounds at once,
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, bend, use hands to finger, feel and reach with hands and arms
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to change work assignments on short notice and be flexible in scheduling
- Position requires working in production areas while forklifts, pallet jacks, inserting and related equipment is in use
- Understand and adhere to department policies and procedures, including but not limited to standards of performance, conduct, attendance policy, substance abuse policy, housekeeping, safety, etc.
Meet Some of tronc's Employees
Media Sales Consultant
Alex helps local businesses find unique and innovative ways to reach their customers. By working with clients to understand their strategic goals, she’s able to design custom, multi-platform campaigns that achieve results.
Back to top