Sun Sentinel is hiring part-time packagers to work in our warehouse!
To perform the required functions and duties when assigned to the tying line which includes:
- properly positioning equipment in the tying line;
- changing tyer strap and retreading a strap break;
- changing kraft wrap on bottom wrappers and fixing minor jams;
- entering and changing zone ID numbers on the ink jet;
- setting correct bundle count, number of cuts and rotation selection on the stacker;
- producing correct odds as required; and inspecting the contents for the inserted package to ensure the package is complete and accurate with the correct bundle identification code being applied to the kraft wrapper.
placing correct product in the insert hopper, maintaining a feeding pace that is sufficient to maintain an uninterrupted operation at the inserter and repairing missed or doubled inserts in an efficient and timely manner.
- HS Diploma
- 1-2 yrs experience in a newspaper, warehouse, or factory packaging environment
- Open schedule flexibility
- Able to stand for long hours (min of 2)
- Able to lift heavy objects up to 50 lbs
Meet Some of tronc's Employees
Media Sales Consultant
Alex helps local businesses find unique and innovative ways to reach their customers. By working with clients to understand their strategic goals, she’s able to design custom, multi-platform campaigns that achieve results.
Back to top