Media Sales Representative
The Carroll County Times, part of the Baltimore Sun Media Group, is seeking a driven, digitally savvy outside sales professional to sell our portfolio of advertising solutions. This position is based out of our Westminster, Maryland office.
If you are passionate about advertising and helping small and medium-sized business succeed, this is an ideal role for you.
We provide our media sales representatives with paid training, a rewarding work environment, & a comprehensive benefits package.
- Base salary plus UNCAPPED commission
- UNLIMITED paid time off & holidays
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- 401k plan with matching
- Career advancement opportunities
- Professional development - ongoing strategic sales training, tools, & research support
- Company-provided laptop, iPad, mobile phone, & mileage allowances
Our sales professionals cultivate and develop new business, assume sales and service responsibility for assigned accounts, develop and implement marketing/advertising solutions and provide exceptional customer service.
If you have an uncompromising dedication to getting results and delivering extraordinary customer service, we want to speak with you.
Success with new and existing accounts will be achieved by applying strategic solutions across the Baltimore Sun Media Group portfolio, capturing increased market share from competitors, and exceeding customer expectations in delivering desired results.
As an outside sales representative you will:
- Identify, evaluate and develop strategies to build new accounts.
- Develop new accounts within assigned region or industry.
- Quotes prices, prepares proposals and provides information regarding terms of sales.
- Grow and maintain revenue within assigned territory or account base.
- Sell effectively with the use of market research into print, online and niche publications.
- Monitor competitive media and stay on top of industry trends.
- Uncover new/incremental revenue streams.
- Become actively involved in your territory’s community and events.
- Provide regular reports to management including sales recaps and customer feedback, as well as documenting appointments and sales efforts in various tracking systems.
- Establish and develop relationships, marketing strategies through consultation with advertisers to help meet their objectives, and exceed advertising territory revenue goals.
We are looking for someone with:
- At least 1-3 years successful outside sales experience, previous media sales experience a plus!
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and time-management skills.
- Strength in negotiation and problem solving.
- College degree preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
The iconic Baltimore Sun Media Group is part of tronc, one of the most respected media companies in the world.
tronc, Inc. (NASDAQ:TRNC) is a media company rooted in award-winning journalism. Headquartered in Chicago, tronc operates newsrooms in nine markets with titles including the Chicago Tribune, Los Angeles Times, The Baltimore Sun, Orlando Sentinel, South Florida's Sun-Sentinel, Newport News, Virginia’s Daily Press, Allentown, Pennsylvania's The Morning Call, Hartford Courant, and The San Diego Union-Tribune. Our legacy of brands has earned a combined 105 Pulitzer Prizes and is committed to informing, inspiring and engaging local communities.
Our brands create and distribute content across our media portfolio, offering integrated marketing, media, and business services to consumers and advertisers, including digital solutions and advertising opportunities.
Meet Some of tronc's Employees
Media Sales Consultant
Alex helps local businesses find unique and innovative ways to reach their customers. By working with clients to understand their strategic goals, she’s able to design custom, multi-platform campaigns that achieve results.
Back to top