Media Sales Consultant
The New York Daily News is seeking a driven and digitally savvy outside media sales professional to sell our portfolio of advertising solutions.
- Entrepreneurial, creative, rewarding and team oriented work environment
- Base salary plus UNCAPPED commission
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K with company match
- Unlimited vacation time- flexible time off policy
- Paid and ongoing sales and digital training
Our sales professionals cultivate and develop new business, assume sales and service responsibility for assigned accounts, develop and implement marketing/advertising solutions and provide exceptional customer service. If you have an uncompromising dedication to getting results and delivering extraordinary customer service, we want to speak with you.
Success with new and existing accounts will be achieved by applying strategic solutions across the New York Daily News portfolio, gaining increased market share from competitors, and exceeding expectations in delivering desired results.
- Identify, evaluate and develop strategies to build new accounts.
- Develop new accounts within assigned region or industry.
- Quotes prices, prepares proposals and provides information regarding terms of sales.
- Grow and maintain revenue within assigned territory or account base.
- Sell effectively with the use of market research into print, online and niche publications.
- Monitor competitive media and stay on top of industry trends.
- Uncover new/incremental revenue streams.
- Become actively involved in your territory’s community and events.
- Provide regular reports to management including sales recaps and customer feedback, as well as documenting appointments and sales efforts in various tracking systems.
- Establish and develop relationships, marketing strategies through consultation with advertisers to help meet their objectives, and exceed advertising territory revenue goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business (Marketing, Communications, Journalism or Advertising concentration preferred) or five plus year of equivalent direct sales experience
- Extensive Industry and product knowledge; print, digital, experiential
- Working knowledge and experience utilizing a CRM and Microsoft Office products to manage day to day activities
- Ability to excel in a highly competitive environment and adaptability to a rapidly evolving media landscape
- Effective relationship-building skills
- Demonstrated success in meeting revenue goals
- Excellent analytical, written, oral, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task with strong time and project management skills and financial business insight skills
- Creative flair and enthusiasm
The iconic New York Daily News is part of tronc (formerly Tribune Publishing), one of the most respected media companies in the world.
tronc, Inc. (NASDAQ:TRNC) is a media company rooted in award-winning journalism. Headquartered in Chicago, tronc operates newsrooms in ten markets with titles including the Chicago Tribune, Los Angeles Times, New York Daily News, The Baltimore Sun, Orlando Sentinel, South Florida's Sun-Sentinel, Newport News, Virginia’s Daily Press, Allentown, Pennsylvania's The Morning Call, Hartford Courant, and The San Diego Union-Tribune. Our legacy of brands has earned a combined 105 Pulitzer Prizes and is committed to informing, inspiring and engaging local communities. Our brands create and distribute content across our media portfolio, offering integrated marketing, media, and business services to consumers and advertisers, including digital solutions and advertising opportunities.
sales executive, sales specialist, sales representative, account executive, account manager, advertising consultant, ad consultant, marketing consultant, new business development, new biz development, digital sales, digital consultant, digital representative, sales manager, media consultant, media seller, media sales, SEO, SEM, programmatic
Meet Some of tronc's Employees
Media Sales Consultant
Alex helps local businesses find unique and innovative ways to reach their customers. By working with clients to understand their strategic goals, she’s able to design custom, multi-platform campaigns that achieve results.
Back to top