Media Sales Associate
Media Sales Associate (entry level outside media sales)
The Morning Call, The Lehigh Valley's leading media company, is seeking a self-motivated, high energy professional to sell our portfolio of advertising solutions (print, digital, direct mail and much more).
As an associate account executive you will train, while on the job, to become a successful media sales professional.
We provide our sales representatives with paid training, a rewarding work environment, & a comprehensive benefits package.
- Competitive base salary plus UNCAPPED commission
- Generous paid time off & holidays
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- 401k plan with matching
- Career advancement opportunities
- Professional development - ongoing strategic sales training, tools, & research support
- Company-provided laptop, iPad, mobile phone, & mileage allowances
The position will also support Account Executives and their client base. Our associates are responsible for covering sales territories and critical sales support positions during periods when these positions are vacant (short-term and long-term). These responsibilities include all tasks associated with the account executive, inside sales and advertising coordinators positions.
- Develop strong business partnerships with assigned accounts for the purpose of growing advertising revenues.
- Develop and implement sales and marketing strategies to help meet and exceed revenue goals.
- Sell effectively with the use of market research into print, online and niche publications.
- Uncover new/incremental revenue streams from competitive media.
- Provide regular reports to management including sales recaps and customer feedback.
Inside Account Executive
- Make outbound calls to develop advertising revenue from existing and new business accounts.
- Sell classified online products in conjunction with print advertising.
- Input ads into the order entry computer system, schedule ads and handle ad production within established deadlines.
- Develop, coordinate and sell group theme pages as needed or requested by sales managers.
- Back-up/fill-in for ad coordinators.
We're looking fore someone with:
- Some outside sales experience is preferred, but not necessary
- Knowledge of the marketplace preferred.
- An understanding of the Internet, Internet advertising and its benefits.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and time-management skills.
- Strength in negotiation and problem solving.
- Previous media experience preferred.
- Working understanding of Microsoft Office and the Windows Operating System.
- College degree preferred.
- Valid driver’s license.
The Morning Call Media Group has been serving the Lehigh Valley for over 125 years and is part of tronc, Inc. (formerly Tribune Publishing), one of the most respected media companies in the world.
tronc, Inc. (NASDAQ:TRNC) is a media company rooted in award-winning journalism. Headquartered in Chicago, tronc operates newsrooms in nine markets with titles including the Chicago Tribune, Los Angeles Times, The Baltimore Sun, Orlando Sentinel, South Florida's Sun-Sentinel, Newport News, Virginia’s Daily Press, Allentown, Pennsylvania's The Morning Call, Hartford Courant, and The San Diego Union-Tribune. Our legacy of brands has earned a combined 94 Pulitzer Prizes and is committed to informing, inspiring and engaging local communities.
Our brands create and distribute content across our media portfolio, offering integrated marketing, media, and business services to consumers and advertisers, including digital solutions and advertising opportunities.
Meet Some of tronc's Employees
Media Sales Consultant
Alex helps local businesses find unique and innovative ways to reach their customers. By working with clients to understand their strategic goals, she’s able to design custom, multi-platform campaigns that achieve results.
Back to top