tronc is seeking a Marketing Strategist to partner with our account teams on building marketing programs for our current and prospective clients. The Strategist will lead the ideation process while leveraging client KPIs and competitive positioning; proprietary and syndicated market research; and value proposition of our solution portfolio. The Strategist will collaborate with research, creative, demand generation, and specialty agency partners to customize solutions for their market and educate our account teams. This position is ideal for a candidate that is creative, intelligent, resourceful, collaborative, and has a passion to win.
- Become an expert on the client’s business and industry by ingesting information from our account teams and category research assets and doing your own research as needed (including direct client engagement).
- Create media and marketing solutions from the tronc portfolio that exceed our premium clients’ objectives and KPIs. We’ve expanded far beyond our legacy publisher brands into digital, experiential, and multi-cultural programs that help businesses connect to their target customers. The Strategist is a critical connection point between client objectives/KPIs, marketing solution, and supporting rationale.
- Own the creation of visual materials that drive our client-facing presentations and proposals.
- Create and customize portfolio collateral for your market and brand, including comprehensive media kits and specific solution offerings.
- Challenge our account teams by ensuring their solutions are designed to exceed client objectives and expectations.
- Facilitate and participate in real-time collaboration with your market partners and across other tronc business units.
- Maintain online asset repository of our collateral for your market.
- Collaborate across tronc market and centralized resources on marketing strategy, execution, research, and other relevant initiatives.
- Collaborate across departments (Editorial, Planning, Ad Ops) to strategically align with and create revenue opportunities.
- Manage 1-3 direct reports, if applicable.
- Perform additional duties as assigned, meaning there will be other things you’ll need to do that we haven’t thought of, but will generally be in line with the position.
- Personal attributes: Embrace challenge; relentless pursuit of excellence; little fear of adversity and headwinds; self-starter mentality that takes direction but doesn’t wait for it; kind and decent human being; doesn’t take her/himself too seriously; challenges current practice and standards; innovative; embraces change.
- Education: Bachelor's degree
- Experience: minimum 5 years of B2B marketing experience in media or marketing services with a solid understanding of fundamental marketing principles including online/digital, promotions, product development, competitive media.
- Strong research and analysis skills, with the ability to generate insights based on data, sales strategy, and consumer trends
- Multi-tasker: Ability to manage multiple deadline-oriented projects concurrently and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail and organizational skills
- Balance: Ability to be strategic, analytical, creative, communicative, and detail-oriented
- Expert skills in Powerpoint, Excel and graphic design programs.
- Experience using Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, comScore, MOAT, Scarborough, Media Radar, Borrell, Claritas/Nielsen, Polk Insight/Catalyst and other similar research and analytics services
- Embraces team outings with karaoke
Meet Some of tronc's Employees
Media Sales Consultant
Alex helps local businesses find unique and innovative ways to reach their customers. By working with clients to understand their strategic goals, she’s able to design custom, multi-platform campaigns that achieve results.
Back to top