Local Media Sales Representative
The Orlando Sentinel is looking for a local media sales rep to join the team!
- Develop new business opportunities while identifying client ad sales opportunities.
- Manages multiple accounts with a small to medium book of business. Services existing relationships and seeks new opportunities to sell deeper into our portfolio of products with the ultimate goal of growing digital and print revenue.
- Maximize revenue through consultative sales approach with ability to represent solutions across the full portfolio of tronc solutions.
- Foster and develop professional relationships within the community and client organizations by attending community, chamber, industry and client functions.
- Identify customer needs through pre call planning, utilization of marketing resources, competitive analysis, and customer feedback, in order to connect meaningful media solutions across the Tribune portfolio.
- Utilizes extensive understanding of account base and related industries to help identify trends and patterns within specific verticals.
- Works collaboratively across the organization to build meaningful cross-platform new and existing client solutions.
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications. Required to attend internal training and skill development workshops.
- Utilize support roles and resources in order to maximize sales time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business (Marketing, Communications, Journalism or Advertising concentration preferred) and preferred three plus years equivalent sales experience
- High digital sales acumen required
- Media Industry knowledge
- Working knowledge and experience utilizing a CRM and Microsoft Office products to manage day to day activities
- Ability to excel in a highly competitive environment and adaptability to a rapidly evolving media landscape
- Effective relationship-building skills
- Demonstrated success in meeting revenue goals
- Excellent analytical, written, oral, communication, written and presentation skills
- Self-starter, possess high energy, creative and analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task with strong time and project management skills and financial business acumen skills
Meet Some of tronc's Employees
Media Sales Consultant
Alex helps local businesses find unique and innovative ways to reach their customers. By working with clients to understand their strategic goals, she’s able to design custom, multi-platform campaigns that achieve results.
Back to top