The Daily News sports department is seeking a versatile, digital-savvy journalist to join our team in our lower Manhattan newsroom. Looking for somebody who can spot that typo in the fifth graph or a buried lede while quickly turning around a rewrite about the latest buzzy Big Apple story.
- Copy edit incoming staff articles and columns
- Handle the first version of breaking news
- Rewrite trending pieces using Daily News style and voice
- Write SEO friendly headlines and engaging teasers for social media
- Use the CMS to produce content for publication on nydailynews.com
- Prefer a Minimum 3-5 years newsroom experience, either as an online editor or content producer
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and perform in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in basic SEO principles
- Fluent in all social media channels
- Willingness to work nights and weekends
tronc, Inc. (NASDAQ:TRNC) is a media company rooted in award-winning journalism. Headquartered in Chicago, tronc operates newsrooms in nine markets with titles including the Chicago Tribune, Los Angeles Times, The Baltimore Sun, Orlando Sentinel, South Florida's Sun-Sentinel, Newport News, Virginia’s Daily Press, Allentown, Pennsylvania's The Morning Call, Hartford Courant, and The San Diego Union-Tribune. Our legacy of brands has earned a combined 94 Pulitzer Prizes and is committed to informing, inspiring and engaging local communities.
Our brands create and distribute content across our media portfolio, offering integrated marketing, media, and business services to consumers and advertisers, including digital solutions and advertising opportunities.
Meet Some of tronc's Employees
Media Sales Consultant
Alex helps local businesses find unique and innovative ways to reach their customers. By working with clients to understand their strategic goals, she’s able to design custom, multi-platform campaigns that achieve results.
Back to top