Insert Staffer - 2nd Shift
The Insert Staffer performs various duties in preparing insert preprints for bulk delivery including loading preprints into the insert machine hopper feeder, loading completed bundles onto skids, preparing inserts for post office delivery and cleaning insert area. Schedule may vary depending on amount of preprints. Employees must have a high degree of safety awareness.
- Feed preprints into insert machine hopper neatly and accurately.
- Monitor insert machine to reduce double inserts and/or skips so that all jackets have correct inserts.
- Remove completed bundles, weighing 10 to 50 pounds and stack neatly for next step in packaging delivery.
- Perform general clean-up of papers, skids and debris that accumulate during the workday.
- Employees must have a high degree of safety awareness.
- Some high school preferred.
- No experience required.
- Manual dexterity; strength to lift up to 50 pounds; ability to stand for the duration of shift; ability to concentrate on accuracy while machines are running.
- Ability to stand for duration of shift.
- Work schedules may vary based on business needs. Including nights and weekends.
Hartford Courant Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Meet Some of tronc's Employees
Media Sales Consultant
Alex helps local businesses find unique and innovative ways to reach their customers. By working with clients to understand their strategic goals, she’s able to design custom, multi-platform campaigns that achieve results.
Back to top