General Manager, Digital Media Sales
The Baltimore Sun Media Group, Baltimore's leading media company, is seeking an experienced digital sales leader.
The general manager will oversee all digital advertising revenue development for The Baltimore Sun Media Group. This person provides leadership in digital media, manages the digital sales and digital sales reps, has a proven ability to work collaboratively with sales and marketing leaders, knowledge of programmatic, social media, email and search marketing concepts, and a rich understanding of all things digital including video, mobile and tablet applications. This person creates the vision, culture, and environment needed to transform the organization into a world class digital sales organization. This position reports to the VP of Advertising Sales.
- Lead and execute digital strategies and initiatives. Work with Advertising Division managers, salespeople and other key personnel as warranted to meet objectives.
- Demonstrate leadership with a sense of urgency and effective speed through changing circumstances.
- Lead and manage strategic initiatives for the company
- Communicate corporate and local strategies across divisional lines and ensure that digital objectives of the (Select Market) and tronc are advancing forward as required.
- Work flexibly, cooperatively and effectively with multiple stakeholders and parties of influence across the company, and external vendors as warranted.
- Develop leadership bench strength on the digital sales team through mentoring and succession planning.
- Demonstrate understanding of the organization’s overall goals.
- Lead all online, apps and other digital sales activity.
- Ideate and implement sales sprints, media plans and targeted sales drives that accelerate revenue.
- Keep apprised of digital media industry standards and best practices and communicate throughout division.
- Work with peers and lead sales force to collectively retain and grow share of media budgets, print migration revenue, and fragmentation of local programmatic digital media buying.
- Analyze and develop plans to capitalize on best digital inventory (i.e.: Home Page, over-the-scroll impressions, mobile, etc.).
- Manage rate yield by understanding supply and demand of digital inventory.
- Must be able to respond expediently to changes in digital landscape and consumer preferences.
- Work closely with corporate offices to understand and implement tronc wide digital initiatives.
- Supervise digital team leaders/ sales personnel in conjunction with VP of Ad Sales
- Work within assigned expense budget
- Achieve revenue growth goals.
- Represent Digital Advertising at meetings, conferences, and/or summits as needed internally and externally.
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent work experience required
- Minimum of 7 years digital sales and management experience.
- IAB Certification preferred
- Google Analytics Certification preferred
- Programmatic experience preferred
- Exceptional computer skills
- Strong team building and interpersonal skills a must
tronc, Inc. (NASDAQ:TRNC) is a media company rooted in award-winning journalism. Headquartered in Chicago, tronc operates newsrooms in ten markets with titles including the Chicago Tribune, Los Angeles Times, New York Daily News, The Baltimore Sun, Orlando Sentinel, South Florida's Sun-Sentinel, Newport News, Virginia’s Daily Press, Allentown, Pennsylvania's The Morning Call, Hartford Courant, and The San Diego Union-Tribune. Our legacy of brands has earned a combined 105 Pulitzer Prizes and is committed to informing, inspiring and engaging local communities.
Our brands create and distribute content across our media portfolio, offering integrated marketing, media, and business services to consumers and advertisers, including digital solutions and advertising opportunities.
Meet Some of tronc's Employees
Media Sales Consultant
Alex helps local businesses find unique and innovative ways to reach their customers. By working with clients to understand their strategic goals, she’s able to design custom, multi-platform campaigns that achieve results.
Back to top