Digital Media Planner
Digital Sales Coordinator- The Baltimore Sun Media Group
The Baltimore Sun Media Group is seeking a digital-savvy, enthusiastic and organized administrative professional to support our digital sales team.
- Entrepreneurial, innovative, rewarding and team oriented work environment
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K, paid vacation and personal days.
- Paid Training
A digital services coordinator is responsible for supporting a sales team and their accounts to maximize sales efficiencies, increase revenue and enhance customer satisfaction. This role embraces all planning, preparation and fulfillment related tasks that take place pre and post sale for the digital services sales team, while providing superior customer service to our clients.
- Creates media plans and special promotions tailored to client needs
- Proactively identifies potential new business clients and creates plans to sell
- Works directly with sellers to determine pre-sales research needs. Conducts pre-sales fact-finding to assist in sale and/or product development
- Works with digital sales manager to identify sales opportunities
- Serves as primary point of contact for sales people/ vendors seeking to resolve issues associated with digital services campaigns
- Collaborates with the sales and marketing teams to determine client solution
- Assist sales team with gathering of competitive materials, sales call preparation and CRM tracking.
- When appropriate, makes sales calls to identify client needs
- Receive and review client orders for accuracy, resolve discrepancies (i.e. correct rate, correct distribution, correct product) and notify sales rep.
- Works closely with the sales support teams to facilitate fulfillment (delivery), tracking and billing og campaigns to ensure that deliverables meet client expectations
- Facilitates fulfillment (delivery), tracking and billing of campaigns to ensure that deliverables meet client expectations
- Must be able to quote rates for full BSMG product line
- Maintain knowledge of fulfillment workflows and processes
- Maintain understanding of available products and the necessary information to process them
- Work with other sales planners when needed on more advanced order placement
- May support manager on directing lead inquiries, request for proposals, etc.
- Assist Digital Sales Manager as needed
- Communicates and escalates project issues as appropriate
- Fosters open communication amongst all stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required
- Knowledge of Interactive Advertising industry preferred
- Candidate must be highly motivated, organized and have the ability to multi-task in a face-paced environment with a high level of accuracy
- Requires a high proficiency with technology, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and other proprietary software for processing orders and tracking sales calls.
- Candidates must have strong analytical, oral and written skills, and exceptional time-management skills
- Experience coordinating complex advertising campaigns
- Must have a positive/ can-do attitude and be driven to optimize results for clients
The Baltimore Sun Media Group is part of tronc, Inc, one of the most respected media companies in the world.
tronc, Inc. (NASDAQ:TRNC) is a media company rooted in award-winning journalism. Headquartered in Chicago, tronc operates newsrooms in nine markets with titles including the Chicago Tribune, Los Angeles Times, The Baltimore Sun, Orlando Sentinel, South Florida's Sun-Sentinel, Newport News, Virginia’s Daily Press, Allentown, Pennsylvania's The Morning Call, Hartford Courant, and The San Diego Union-Tribune. Our legacy of brands has earned a combined 105 Pulitzer Prizes and is committed to informing, inspiring and engaging local communities.
Our brands create and distribute content across our media portfolio, offering integrated marketing, media, and business services to consumers and advertisers, including digital solutions and advertising opportunities.
Meet Some of tronc's Employees
Media Sales Consultant
Alex helps local businesses find unique and innovative ways to reach their customers. By working with clients to understand their strategic goals, she’s able to design custom, multi-platform campaigns that achieve results.
Back to top