Audience Engagement Editor
The South Florida Sun Sentinel is hiring an Audience Engagement Manager to enhance our newsroom’s connection with our readers and to help us facilitate more valuable conversation on our social channels.
- Develop two-way engagement between the newsroom and our community through web and social platforms.
- Influence the conversations going on in our community by carefully listening, reading, asking, answering and challenging.
- Work collaboratively with members of the Audience Engagement team and the rest of the newsroom to develop and drive strategies that grow our social audience.
- Make smart, data-driven decisions on content promotion across all platforms.
- Identify trends and questions that consumers are asking, and help the newsroom translate that into content strategies that answer those questions.
- Seek out and facilitate direct-engagement opportunities — such as Twitter chats, Facebook Live conversations and public meet ups — to connect our newsroom with our audience, grow social following, generate valuable conversations and feedback and demonstrate community leadership.
- Identify key players in various South Florida communities and groups and engage them on social media — both to lead conversations and to develop sources and story ideas.
- Be passionate about the digital world and in constant tune with trends, conversations and networks.
- Possess the talent to write in varying voices and styles to effectively connect with our diverse audience.
- Have the ability to be quick and in-the-moment, while at the same time keeping an eye to the future in order to anticipate and plan for opportunities.
- Be a strong, confident influencer.
- Have deep knowledge and experience in community building, social strategy and execution on web sites, social media and in person.
- Be creative — visually and strategically.
- Demonstrate strong news judgment as it relates to audience engagement.
Please send resumes directly to: email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org
Meet Some of tronc's Employees
Media Sales Consultant
Alex helps local businesses find unique and innovative ways to reach their customers. By working with clients to understand their strategic goals, she’s able to design custom, multi-platform campaigns that achieve results.
Back to top