Technical Support Engineer - Vancouver, WA
Tier Level 1 Support Engineers are responsible for initial response to all customers inquires via portal, email and telephone. In addition, they manage the Customer Support Lab environments and perform customer advocacy follow-up and communication activities. Tier Level 1 Engineers should be able to gather initial data as well as accurately prioritize incoming cases. Complex cases or cases that require more than 30 minutes of troubleshooting effort should be transitioned to an appropriate tier two engineer. Quartile 1 customers represent the top 25% revenue generating customers and should be immediately transitioned to Level Tier 2 along with customers that are in Critical or Pre-Critical status. Tier one Engineers are also responsible for feature case maintenance.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Respond and engage on all incoming customer inquiries with a sense of urgency. Prioritize cases according to our severity descriptions. Quickly transition Critical/Pre-Critical/Quartile 1 customer cases to Tier 2 Engineers.
- Document all technical inquiries and customer-reported problems in the customer tracking database and in the escalation tracking system, including the nature of the inquiry, and the resolution recommended.
- Provide technical support to customers via phone and email for Tripwire products: answer technical inquiries, diagnose reported problems or configuration issues, recommend possible solutions, follow issue through to resolution or escalate if research exceeds 30 minutes.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures regarding customer handling processes, service entitlement verification, and customer registration and problem escalation.
- Generate cases with accurate and complete field information.
- Manage feature requests ensuring proper expectation setting
- Research and duplicate difficult configuration, compatibility or product-defect issues and track results of investigations in appropriate systems. Update the Knowledge Base with solutions as appropriate.
- Respond to Sales/Field case update inquiries.
- Fulfill software distribution, software depot, and portal requests.
- Communicate with the team about core metrics and request action on cases that are outside of SLA targets.
- Manage less technical follow-up tasks such as RMA communication and follow-up on cases requiring additional information.
- Produce knowledge documentation and solutions based on cases from Tier 2 Engineers. Draft for Tier 2 approval.
- Manage FAQ documents for SaaS services and provide support for Saas product offerings via chat, email, and portal.
- Must have general functional knowledge of all assigned products.
- Manage customer email distributions, software release notifications, and portal technical publication posting.
- Perform customer advocacy tasks as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Minimum 3-4 years technical support experience.
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience with Unix/Linux OS (preferred in AIX, Solaris, HPUX, or RHEL/AS).
- Strong customer relationship skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Effective and energetic problem-solver with strong technical aptitude with ability to think strategically and creatively.
- Self-motivated and a driven individual
- Must be able to interact with all levels within the organization and possess strong communication skills with the capability to express ideas and concepts in writing and verbally.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize. Must be able to multi task and work with limited supervision.
- Ability to quickly recognize potential pitfalls and prioritize work load.
- Excellent phone skills a must. Intermediate skills in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio), Siebel, Salesforce, or other CRM experience.
- Experience with Networking technologies, troubleshooting, basic devices, security policies, and terminology.
- Windows Server experience, with a solid of understanding of Active Directory and Group Policy management
- Experience with Databases, i.e. MySQL, MSSQL, Oracle, SYBASE
Back to top