Technical Product Owner (Portland, OR)
As a member of the product leadership team, this role is responsible for guiding the evolution of our security products. The Product Owner works with stakeholders inside and outside of Tripwire - Product Managers, User Experience Designers, Architects, Services and Support engineers and customers - to form solutions to critical user and market problems. The successful candidate will provide leadership to the engineering team by articulating customer needs, facilitating the creation of solutions, prioritizing investments, and negotiating trade-offs.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Serve as a contributing member of Tripwire's R&D leadership team.
- Supplement Tripwire's product management team in portfolio management, customer-facing analysis and customer communication.
- Partner with User Experience professionals to define feature goals, value and design.
- Provide leadership to scrum teams through the articulation and prioritization of a product backlog.
- Translate functional and nonfunctional requirements into written epics, user stories, and detailed acceptance criteria.
- Manage, prioritize and sequence backlog for assigned programs and products.
- Groom the product backlog so that stories are sized appropriately and have enough definition for accurate estimation.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders, development, design, and QA teams to derive appropriate acceptance criteria.
- Communicate the functionality and value delivered by the product. Sell the value up and down in a distributed organization.
- Represent the customer during implementation to help the team deliver valuable software.
- Project management for owned features to determine and communicate effort, timelines and schedules, key milestones, and deliverables.
- Identify areas of process improvement and potential solutions, and effectively participate in approved process improvements initiatives.
- Learning Tripwire product architecture, workflows and technical debt to an expert level.
Working independently, the Product Owner resolves a wide range of diverse problems utilizing personal judgment and experience. They interact with employees at all levels of the organization and take personal responsibility for meeting the needs of the customer while demonstrating an understanding of business objectives and necessary tradeoffs. They effectively communicate research findings to the organization and develops plans for implementation.
No formal supervision exercised.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
Successful Product Owners at Tripwire have a variety of different backgrounds and skills. The successful applicant to this role will have some of the following:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent demonstrated experience in a software development field.
- Experience on a commercial software development team.
- Agile software development experience.
- Experience as a product owner, business analyst role, or relevant, transferable professional experience.
- Experience as a practitioner of IT security and/or operations with experience using InfoSec products.
- Experience supporting, selling, developing or otherwise interacting with Tripwire products.
- Proven ability to self-manage and drive results; organize, prioritize, time manage and focus.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to influence others.
- Authorization to work in the US. No visa sponsorships.
Typically requires 5-10 years of experience. Typically a university degree is required, or a combination of education and experience.
Meet Some of Tripwire's Employees
Mitch collaborates with R&D Teams and product architects to create new technical designs and strategies to arm customers with the strongest cyber defense systems.
Back to top