Strategic Account Manager - Energy WECC
Over 5,700 enterprises and government institutions in 94 countries, including 46% of the Fortune 500, have turned to Tripwire to protect their IT systems and ensure compliance
Our Strategic Account Manager (SAM) develops and executes strategy to manage KEY Accounts of substantial strategic importance to Tripwire. The SAM is distinguished by specialized knowledge, problem solving skills, ability to influence client buying decisions, and successful track record of executing brand, expanding relationships and increasing revenue and margin.
- Assigned to large, complex, high visibility, strategic and tactically important, accounts. Reports to the Director of Western Region and serves as the primary point-of-contact regardless of accounts geographic location.
- Develops and executes account strategy and aligns Tripwire resources to maximize sales volume and revenue.
- Maintains contact at a high, executive level, focusing on the strategic nature of the relationship.
- Secures or maintains MSAs and other strategic agreements to facilitate revenue.
- While responsible for assigned quota, account penetration and balanced sales growth are important performance measures.
- Effectively participate on virtual selling teams.
- Develop and Execute account strategy.
- Leverage team members' availability, roles, and strengths and weaknesses into virtual team effectiveness.
- Effectively assess opportunity potential, allocate Tripwire and client resources towards the right sales objectives
- Plan and manage client interactions to align Tripwire resources with clients’ strategic priorities.
- Segment the client organization into manageable “fields of play.” Develop multi-year account plans that reflect a shared vision with the client with clearly defined sales and relationship goals that increase account retention and revenue growth.
- Build and maintain an account prospecting database, develop compelling reasons for clients to agree to meetings, and execute effective cold call and email campaigns.
- Identify, qualify new and expand sales opportunities. Develop action plans that successfully sell Tripwire IT staffing solutions to multiple decision makers within the client’s IT, Business and Vendor Management organizations.
- Optimize the overall client experience by demonstrating client focus, building effective client relationships and exceeding client expectations.
- Develop thorough understanding of strategic clients’ vertical/industry issues and trends. Demonstrate ability to match key business needs with Tripwire brand and solutions.
- Understand Tripwire’s staffing solution, identify the best solution to meet the client’s need, and compellingly communicate Tripwire’s capabilities to address and support the client's objectives.
- Demonstrate thought leadership to the client.
- Understand and navigate client's buying process(es.)
- Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of the IT staffing and client industries and the ability to speak with authority on industry trends, best practices, competitive practices, regulatory issues, etc.
- Demonstrate working knowledge and adherence with Tripwire’s Mission, Vision, and Values.
- Develop, maintain and execute business plans that deliver short term financial results while balancing a long-term stability and sustainability.
- Negotiate and close sales opportunities that satisfy Tripwire and the client’s critical interests.
Desired Skills & Experience
Current NERC/CIP experience selling complex enterprise software sales into the IT Security or Software space, ideally with a focus on energy named accounts in the WECC region.
Prior experience selling enterprise deals (100 K +), to new and some existing customer accounts. Ideally exposed to large fortune 50 companies in the Western Region of the US, largely a hunter role.
Existing relationships with CIO's, CISO's and CSO's of enterprise-class organizations (as well as the owner/operators of Critical Infrastructure).
A proven track record of exceeding quota and management objectives in a matrix sales organization, President's Club a plus.
Ability to sell at all levels of the client organization, with demonstrated executive level presentation skills to help identify and reduce the risk impact of security breaches (both in IT and OT environments)
Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
Exposure to SFDC, Web-X and other web based tools
Meet Some of Tripwire's Employees
Mitch collaborates with R&D Teams and product architects to create new technical designs and strategies to arm customers with the strongest cyber defense systems.
Back to top