Sr. Product Manager
The Senior Product Manager is responsible for transforming market opportunities into business cases, developing actionable product plans and delivering market ready products. This extends from increasing the profitability and expansion of existing product lines to developing new products for the company. This individual must possess a blend of business and technical savvy, a big picture vision and the drive to make that vision a reality.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Identifies targets and market opportunity and defines product and business requirements for the segment.
- Defines the organization’s unique ability to deliver value to the customer while differentiating itself from competitive solutions. Understands what the product really does, how people use it, and what criteria they use to buy it.
- Champions the product roadmap and manages the entire product/product line life cycle from concept through strategic planning to tactical activities. Drives revenue through competitive distribution, pricing, and positioning. Manages decisions to continue or discontinue product offering based on profitability.
- Works with key customers or prospects to identify unsolved problems in market that are both urgent and pervasive and that people are willing to pay to solve.
- Proposes innovative and new products or solutions that leverage the organization’s distinctive competence, capitalize on existing opportunities, and unlocks new opportunities, through Build/Buy/Partner analyses
- Identifies competitive offerings and alternatives in the market. Reviews their approach, success, strengths and weaknesses. Delivers timely and accurate competitive analysis to the sales and marketing teams.
- Segments the market and maps needs of target markets. Analyzes and determines adjacent market segments to proactively pursue based on product line strategy, and engages in segments large enough to support the current and future business of the company.
- Develops pricing strategies and validates with each region. Establishes and enacts pricing models, schedules, guidelines and procedures for assigned product.
- Serves as internal expert for worldwide product roadmap. Builds strong internal partnerships with Sales Engineers, Corporate Marketing and Field Marketing.
- Provides ongoing guidance to technical product managers, user experience designers and engineers in the development of product specifications that deliver on market requirements. Helps set resource priorities of the development organization. Drives the solution set through market requirements definition, product release requirements, and product positioning.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of requirements, opportunity proposals, business cases (Go/No Go), product roadmaps, and for contributing to the corporate marketing plans.
- All other duties as assigned.
Working independently, the Sr. Product Manager resolves a wide range of diverse problems utilizing personal judgment and experience to develop solutions in a creative manner. Interacts with employees at all levels of the organization and takes personal responsibility for meeting the needs of the customer while demonstrating an understanding of business objectives. Authority to act within defined policies within the area of expertise/knowledge as directed. Effectively communicates research findings to the organization and develops plans for implementation. Determines necessary resources required and develops goals and metrics for function.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Bachelors or four year- university degree in business, computer software or equivalent preferred. MBA is a plus.
- An applicable and progressive track record of 10+ years in product management for enterprise security software products.
- Experience with vulnerability management products is a plus.
- Strong leadership skills evidenced by success in leading major product releases, rearchitecture, repositioning or major new product release.
- Experience serving as a business leader for the product who is as passionate about gross margin and business profitability as they are about revenue growth.
- Ability to learn and speak effectively about in depth technical issues augmented by deep understanding of the security market and customer needs
- Strong record of building effective relationships within and outside the company. Ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations. Demonstrated ability to manage controversial situations, customer negotiations, and/or influence/persuade executives.
- Ability to work in cross functional teams at a technical level with the skills to form consensus and drive execution.
- Ability to deal with and embrace change at a rapid pace and lead others through it – good coaching skills a plus.
- Experience with Agile / SCRUM is a plus.
- Strong presentation, verbal, and written communication skills a must.
- Strong business acumen and demonstrated experience in providing strategic contribution to business results. Must be experienced working with executives and presenting strategy.
- High level of personal and professional integrity.
Back to top