Sr. Engineer C++
Tripwire delivers advanced threat protection, security and compliance solutions, enabling enterprises, government agencies and service providers to confidently detect, prevent and respond to cybersecurity threats to their business.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, Tripwire’s customer base extends into vertical industries including government, energy, financial services, retail, manufacturing, education and entertainment. Almost all executive branch agencies of the U.S. federal government and half the Fortune 500 turn to Tripwire for their IT security and compliance needs. With thousands of customers in nearly 100 countries, there’s a reason why organizations turn to Tripwire.
This position is a hands-on contributor role requiring deep technical expertise and security knowledge, working as part of a small team building innovative new security products and working with partners to integrate Tripwire's products with theirs. The ideal candidate will be part of understanding a variety of security and IT products, researching and coming up with new ways to integrate products together to protect customers from advanced threats, and then building the technology to make that reality.
We are most interested in talent and drive, but specific experience and skills matter too. Ideal candidates will have backgrounds like this:
- Product development using C++
- Knowledge and experience in the field of security
- Experience with Agile process based on the SCRUM framework
As a successful candidate, you will demonstrate clear thought processes and communicate well with technical and non-technical audiences. You should thrive in a collaborative environment. You should be a creative problem-solver, providing thoughtful approaches to challenging technical problems that solve real business needs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experienced C++ developer who has worked on distributed system development.
- Knowledgeable and comfortable in targeting a broad range of operating systems including different versions of Windows and Linux.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to interface well with externally facing departments and directly with customers.
- Must be self-directed and capable of working effectively in a highly collaborative and fast paced environment.
- Must be effective working in less structured, smaller team environments, taking responsibility for helping define requirements and rapidly prototype ideas.
- Has a track record of successful development.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent on-the-job experience.
- Minimum 8+ years of experience as an applications developer.
- Strong C++ development skills and product experience
- Experience developing multi-threaded applications.
- Familiarity with distributed systems using message broker technologies.
Desirable Additional Skills:
- Familiarity scripting TLS solutions, i.e. cert creation, cert deployment, key store creation for Windows and Linux.
- In addition to Java, development experience in Java would be a plus.
- Experience creating Windows installers and Linux RPMs.
- Familiarity with network protocols and socket programming.
Meet Some of Tripwire's Employees
Mitch collaborates with R&D Teams and product architects to create new technical designs and strategies to arm customers with the strongest cyber defense systems.
Back to top