Software Architect (Portland, OR)
Tripwire is expanding its use of big data solutions in its product portfolio, and is looking for a software architect capable of guiding a data platform. As a member of the leadership team for the platform organization, reporting to the Senior Director, this role is responsible for guiding the evolution of Tripwire’s data ecosystem and its usage by engineers in the product teams. The architect will interface with Product Management on platform needs, engineers implementing data solutions, and engineers using those capabilities to bring value to the market. The successful candidate will actively identify and prove out solutions, articulate technical considerations and customer needs to the engineering team, and actively guide and negotiate tradeoffs for Tripwire’s strategic data solutions.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Serve as a contributing member of Tripwire's R&D leadership team.
- Research, execute proofs of concept, and guide engineers in exploration of technologies for storing and retrieving data - helping to find the right technology for the need.
- Participate in gathering technical requirements from product teams that will make use of data technologies; design solutions that will drive engineering efficiency in addition to scalability and reliability.
- Participate in user-oriented requirements gathering in partnership with Product Owners and User Experience engineers, to ensure that the data platform will support customer use cases.
- Continuously communicate system design and concepts to the engineering teams, both domestically and in offshore teams.
- Maintaining an architectural roadmap for the data capabilities being developed.
- Act as a conduit between the engineering team and the Strategic Architecture team, ensuring that solutions support the overall product vision of Tripwire.
- Work with the engineering team and Product Owner to appropriately sequence implementation stories.
- Note that this role will not be a major contributor of production code, but will primarily operate at a systems level.
- All other duties as assigned.
Working independently, this person resolves a wide range of diverse problems utilizing personal judgment and experience to develop solutions in a creative manner. Interacts with employees at all levels of the organization and takes personal responsibility for meeting the needs of the customer while demonstrating an understanding of business objectives and necessary tradeoffs. Effectively communicates research findings to the organization and develops plans for implementation. Determines necessary resources required and develops goals and metrics for function.
No formal supervision exercised.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
We are interested in finding a candidate who has the drive, design and communication chops to succeed in leading technical direction in this space; we are interested in both established Architects and senior engineers looking to evolve into that next career step. The successful candidate will have some of the following:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent demonstrated experience in a software development field.
- 10+ years of experience.
- Leadership experience in the technical space; a demonstrated ability to provide technical guidance and mentorship without taking away ownership.
- Experience designing and implementing solutions using data technologies, including RDBMS and “big data” technologies such as ElasticSearch.
- Experience with data modeling and domain-driven design.
- The demonstrated ability to think and communicate at a systems level, with both technical and nontechnical individuals.
- Agile software development experience.
- Proven ability to self-manage and drive results; organize, prioritize, time manage and focus.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to influence others and to provide leadership for remote or offshore teams.
- Track record for taking initiative and effectively taking control of situations when needed.
- Authorization to work in the US. No visa sponsorships.
Back to top