Service Delivery Manager (Portland, OR)
Location: United States – Office locations in Portland, OR
Since Tripwire’s founding in 1997, the company’s vision and commitment to enabling its customers to confidently detect, prevent and respond to the rapidly evolving threat landscape remains unchanged.
Built on a foundation of innovation and deep security expertise, Tripwire now stands as a leading global provider of advanced threat, security and compliance solutions, arming enterprises with the right tools to address their most pressing cybersecurity challenges. The company’s award-winning product portfolio includes configuration and policy management, file integrity monitoring, vulnerability management, log intelligence, and reporting and analytics.
The Service Delivery Team manages the relationship with our clients from beginning to end. The Service Delivery Manager is responsible for interacting with clients of all levels, dealing with client escalations and interacting effectively with all clients. We seek an experienced, Service Delivery Manager that is capable of maintaining processes, reports, coordinating technical and service delivery activities, and uphold client relationships for our Managed Service client base. A range of technical expertise, business acumen, flexibility, and latitude is expected. The ideal candidate will possess experience in the areas of project organization and customer relationship administration. We are looking for people who enjoy fast-paced and collaborative environments, who love working with customers no matter how challenging the conversation and who are interested in helping lead the next major innovation in building and supporting security at scale.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Demonstrates ability to present to senior level customer executives such as the CIO, CSO, VP of Sales, etc.
- Collaborate with all functional areas of the business to ensure effective knowledge sharing and team participation in the company’s growth.
- Evangelize the business value of Tripwire Managed Services and play a key role in the delivery of new services or offerings.
- Provide feedback to new business initiatives, providing service information to support Bids or offers.
- Ensure quality, up-to-date documentation exists for all service arrangements.
- Drive service review calls, establishing next actions and commitments for all outstanding priority issues.
- On-boarding of new customers – transfer customer from PS engagement phase to Managed Services. Review, utilize & improve procedures for tasks carried out during the on-boarding process.
- Taking relevant corrective / improvement actions after the analysis of audit findings and measurements.
- Proactively disseminating project information to all stakeholders
- Create operational improvement plans where needed; co-author procedures with client contacts.
- Build and manage processes, coordinating technical and service delivery activities, and managing client relationships.
- Build and grow relationships with both the customer Technical staff and Sr. Management. Participate in account growth plans with Tripwire Sales and management teams.
- Advocate for Managed Service customers with cross-functional teams including Product Management and Development.
- Own, drive and track Hot Customer escalations, including partnering with the Escalations Team, Development, and Product Management.
- Monitor all account activity for potential service gaps, continuity of operations and deliverables, and customer satisfaction.
- Identifying and managing commercial, technical and security risks related to delivery of the service before they become issues during steady state.
- Maintain executive level documentation to track onboarding metrics and health of client engagement, financial information and service dates.
- Work directly with sales, SE’s and support on client related issues surrounding managed services delivery
- Be available to and assist sales in client project risk, status and review
- Ensure all tasks required for successful client service integrations are completed accurately, professionally, and on time.
- Through a trusted advisor relationship with customers, aid in positioning additional licenses and services for further product expansion and new products.
- Plan, maintain, track and document course of projects; including milestones, tasks, resources needed (track resources hours and cost), following project management ITIL methodology.
- Generate and analyze reports on SLAs and operational efficiency.
- Drive improvements to customer operational practices through the application of managed services offers and/or process improvement.
- Manage the scope of services delivered while maintaining a focus on customer statisfaction.
- Day to day activities include monitoring and reviewing service delivery for assigned customers, responding to escalations from the team, the business and/or Third Parties.
- Assist in the mentoring and coaching of more junior members of the team
- Travel will be required; expect up to 25 percent annually
- All other duties as assigned.
Working independently and with the team, the Service Delivery Manager resolves a wide range of diverse problems utilizing personal judgment and experience to develop solutions in a creative manner. Interacts with employees at all levels of the organization and takes personal responsibility for meeting the needs of the customer while demonstrating an understanding of business objectives. Authority to act within defined policies within the area of expertise/knowledge as directed. Effectively communicates research findings to the organization and develops plans for implementation. Determines necessary resources required and develops goals and metrics for function.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Bachelor Degree in Sciences or Business Administration or equivalent experience.
- Experience in a Service Delivery function, including solid experience of dealing with Customers, and internal teams, typically gained over 3-5 years.
- Ability to quickly build trusted relationships with Clients.
- Project Management experience a plus.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to work on multiple projects with multiple deadlines
- Excellent listening, oral, and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to identify process gaps
- Ability to work independently and manage priorities
- Interface with customers, colleagues, management, and project stakeholders, as needed, to ensure overall success
- Proven experience working in cross-functional teams
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with internal groups (Professional Services, Engineering, Sales) as well as with customers.
- Effective team collaboration with direct and indirect resources; exhibiting professionalism and diplomacy.
- Troubleshoot client project issues and document solutions
- Knowledge of IT Security, Certification a plus (CISSP, GIAC, SANS, CISA, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot problems and document solutions
- Proven experience to work as part of a team and to deliver one or several projects simultaneously.
- Self-starter and able to work independently, while also able to share responsibilities, ideas and other information.
- Security domain experience; i.e. system hardening, intrusion detection, log management, SIEM, vulnerability management, etc.
- Experience with virtual and cloud computing technologies using technology like Amazon Web Services, VMware, KVM, and more.
Back to top